Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

have been looking at japan only seiko and orient models, came across this oreint star diver after looking at the orient 300m saturation diver...

i love the look of it, but need some help .....it says crystal glass, wich im guessing is nothing more than mineral......

the build looks good, bracelet, solid end links and clasp......just wondering about the crystal and overal quality..

also what is your experience with ordering from chino or seiya japan....

any help you can give me would be appreciated.....

DON

http://www.c-watch.co.jp/ww/ori2.html

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Don,

Sorry to jump in. I don't know how to answer your question about the crystal, but I do like the look of that watch. Very cool design.
um.............are you Deward(Sean), i think not........lol.......only joking...

thanks, i love the look of this watch......but 400 bucks for a watch i have never seen in person, and most likely wont consdiring its a japan only model and having to order from japan bothers me a little......I just would like to get as much info about it as possible before i decide to order it and to see if the transaction would be smooth as well.....im not going to be able to order for a good while, so i have time to do as much research as possible......

thanks

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Don looks like its a moot point

Completely sold out & discontined
oh , crap.....that just happened today.....lol., it was still for sale as of yesterday.......ha ha.....well , that sucks...

well i have seen it at other sites, like seiya japan...

there are other models of seikos and orients i like on these sites, so i still would like to get some feedback from Sean about ordering from overseas with these sites.....

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I've never ordered anything from outside the CONUS so I would be interested to know some things about it as well. I always get nervous doing business with folks that I would have a hard time tracking down if I needed to send "Moose" and "Rocko" over to rough them up should they screw me Ha Ha LOL!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . had a good experience with Creationwatches in Singapore. FAST delivery and no BS.

http://www.creationwatches.com/
did you have to go and do that........they have the citizen orca on the bracelet for only $229.......im never going to be able to sleep now thinking about all the japanese divers i want....thanks Randy....lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

dedward wrote:
I think the best watch that seiko has for a diver is their sumo with the 6r15 movement.Its one of my most accurate watches.
This one??

SEIKO Prospex Diver 6R15 Automatic SBDC001 200M

SEIKO Prospex Diver 6R15 Automatic SBDC001 200M
Features:
Automatic movement
Calibre 6R15 (23 Jewels)
Manual and self -winding
Hardlex crystal
Lumi Brite
200m water resistant
Stainless steel bracelet
50 hours power reserve
Anti-magnetic
Made in Japan
Stainless steel case
44mm case diameter (without crown)
13 mm case thickness

source - http://www.creationwatches.com/prod...x-diver-6r15-automatic-sbdc001-200m-1740.html

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Thanks. Great pics. I like that one also a lot.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Thanks. Great pics. I like that one also a lot.
Really nice Seiko. I like that one a lot. The watchmaker I use is a AD for Seiko. I'll need to look at this one closely next time I'm there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.