Watch Freeks banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
imported post

ABSOLUTELY A GREAT CONTEST . SO MANY THINGS I WOULD LOVE TO CHANGE IN OUR WORLD . IF I HAVE TO GO WITH ONLY ONE , I GUESS IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE SELF INFLICTED DESTRUCTION OF OUR PLANET . WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE TO CHANGE OUR ATTITUDES ABOUT EACH OTHER & LEARN HOW TO ACCEPT THE DIFFERENCES THAT MAKE US THE HUMAN RACE . WITHOUT THIS THERE WON'T BE A WORLD FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO INHABIT . THIS SELF DESTRUCTIVE COURSE THAT WE HAVE CHOSEN MUST COME TO AN END FOR US TO SURVIVE OURSELVES . :madd

imported post

Fantastic contest, I love the watch on offer here!

Anyway, if i could change one thing i think it would be the most dificult thing in the world, No matter what is stopped there are always other terrible things, Cancer, war, religion, terrorism, natural disasters, illness, man destroying the world etc etc

But, seeing as i have to give one answer i would have to say that if i could stop anything it would be the world hunger and poverty. I cant stand seeing how people suffer, I think we often forget at how lucky we are... To even own one luxury watch is amazing if you think about it.... Some people have absolutely nothing. If you are reading this please take a look at what you have and know you are truly lucky. The next time you grab food from the shop, realise that you can have food whenever you like, Even i need to be reminded of this, This isnt a guilt message by any means, Im just grateful for what i have. :)

imported post

FREEBIRD wrote:
ABSOLUTELY A GREAT CONTEST . SO MANY THINGS I WOULD LOVE TO CHANGE IN OUR WORLD . IF I HAVE TO GO WITH ONLY ONE , I GUESS IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE SELF INFLICTED DESTRUCTION OF OUR PLANET . WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE TO CHANGE OUR ATTITUDES ABOUT EACH OTHER & LEARN HOW TO ACCEPT THE DIFFERENCES THAT MAKE US THE HUMAN RACE . WITHOUT THIS THERE WON'T BE A WORLD FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO INHABIT . THIS SELF DESTRUCTIVE COURSE THAT WE HAVE CHOSEN MUST COME TO AN END FOR US TO SURVIVE OURSELVES . :madd
:c

:pk :lol

imported post

if i had the power to change one thing it would be that our government stopped providing so much foreign aid until we are able to elevate the quality of life for all Americans. Its so sad to see the state of healthcare, poverty, homelessness etc in the US with little to no support to help these folks out.

We seem to be the first to step up in any situation to come to the aid of another country but that simply isnt a reciprocal relationship as we are in worse financial dire straights then many other countries and no one has offered to help us out.

It makes me sad to see so many hardworking people who want to work but dont have a job, so many people on the street who appear mentally fragile and should be getting aid, etc etc.

I would love for our Govt to really be by the people for the people and start to focus on whats important here at home not on someone elses soil.

imported post

Get the U.S. back to work again. This recession has effected a lot of Americans by job losses and people who once looked to the future for a secure retirement, who can no longer anticipate that scenario. We need to focus on getting government and Wall Street back on track, so Main Street can come back to life. I feel fortunate that I have an employer who is focusing on keeping everyone employed at the expense of his own profit motive, which unfortunately isn't the case for a lot of corporations.

imported post

I agree alot of great responses here. There are so many things that need to change, but I would want to find a cure for Arthritis. It's not as big or life threatening as cancer or AIDS, but I know there are many people people out there who suffer worse than I do. And the pain and disfigurement they go through. Thanks you Watch freeks angel for posing a great question and a chance at a great looking watch.

imported post

If there was one thing I could change in this world, I would try to figure out how to help hopeless people find hope again. Sometimes when people have suffered a lot, they lose hope that things can change and get better. Without hope, people don't see a reason to try. That's what I would do. I would give every single hopeless person hope.

Susie

imported post

Why is it when we talk about our neighbor or co-worker or just a citizen. We have to first describe them by race or religion? How can you sum up a persons life worth by labeling them first. Its simple my neigbors two doors downare John or Jane. Not! You know the Hispaniccouple 2 doors down or the Jewish couple 2 doors down or the Gay couple 2 doors down. I've raised my son/daughter to see people as they are. And judge them not by race/religion or other means. They only have to look at our past history too see where that leads.And to remember that it could easily be them next time.The only time that should come up is if Law Enforcement asks for it. Just my 2 cents.Jeff

Discussion starter · #30 ·
imported post

rbmbb wrote:
I would make all Invicta watches solely in Switzerland. Oh... and I would fire Eyal. Does that count as two things...:b
I know you are joking but lets please keep this secret angel thread on topic.

imported post

This is such a hard questions due to there being so many things I would change about our current world. Rather than going the route of world peace or putting a stop to world hunger, I would change how people are rewarded for their efforts in the working world. I believe this is something that we can all say at one point in time we have dealt with, is a boss or a company lining their pockets while you do the back breaking work and never see an extra dime. I would not allow CEO's to get multi million dollar bonuses. Not while the little people in the company who worked their hearts out for the company to produce numbers for that CEO get as little as a 2% merit raise per year if they are lucky that is. It is so troubling to see good people work so hard to keep a company running at top levels, but then not even get a raise that covers cost of living, let alone a pat on the back for a job very well done. All the while, the rich keep getting richer, and the middle class watch their car get repossessed, their house foreclosed on, and their worlds crumble around them. I would put into effect a law where a specific branch of government had to police all the books of all companies and businesses, and based on a companies total profits in a year, the company would be required to kick back a reasonable percentage to it's own employees all the way down to the front line.

imported post

If I could change just one thing and one thing only. I would eliminate "Ego". With that, everything would change. It's such a stumbling block to getting anything done in this world.

Think about it.

imported post

I guess since I'm a firm believer that when you remove one evil another sometime greater evil takes its place, I guess what I would wish for at this moment in time is purely selfish, I wish I could provide a better life for my two sons, not free money, but being a single father and raising two son I've made alot of sacrafices and I'm not really making ends meet right now it would be nice to have a job that paid the bills all of them for a change, I woudn't be preoccupide with how I'm going to take care of everything and be able to relaxe and spend more time with my sons maybe be able to spend more time on the forums and a watch every now and again wouldn't be so bad Ha! Thats about as honest as I can be.

imported post

That everyone realizes the difference between perception and reality.I believe this life is just an illusion and a test of service to one another, and there are a lot of people flunking.The only things were taking with us when we leave this life are whats real so every material possession we have must be an illusion and its value is what we place on it.There is a fine line between needs and wants.

imported post

Such a great contest! And everyone has amazing answers!

I am only 19, but with what little experience of life i have; I would change people's attitude to everything, soley pessimism.

I beleive changing one bad thing is great, but creating the potential to beat everything is better. If everyone had a positive outlook to everything, e.g. find a cure for cancer, find a cure for aids etc etc, the world would have the potential to be good.

It may be simple, and it may seem silly, but thats my opinion, and it counts :)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.