Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I rushed home from work today so that I could get to the Post Office in time to send a watch to another Watch Freek Member when I discovered that I had received an unexpected package today in the mail. The first thing my wife said when I walked in the door was "You better not have bought another watch". I told her that I had not purchased any watches since she took away my allowance LOL!!

Well I see this rather large box sitting on the table. I told her that it was too big to be a watch. I quickly ran to my office and packed up the watch that I needed tosend out tonight. I got to the Post Office just before they closed and took care of that business and then I hurried home curious to know what was in the package that I had received.

Well when I opened the box I saw an envelope with my name on it. I opened the envelope and to my surprise it was from the Watch Freek Angel. I then realized that I was fortunate and blessed enough to be selected as the second recipient of the Watch Freeks Angel Giveaway. I then saw bubble wrap like I have never seen before. For a second I thought I had received a porcelain doll when I looked at the perfect packaging. I removed the bubble wrap and to my surprise I found not 1, but 2 Android watch boxes. My heart litterally skipped a beat because I have wanted to add an Android to my collection for a long time, but never have. I opened both boxes and I was just blown away with the two beautiful timepieces that I had received.

I'm once again blown away with the generosity of those on this forum. I want to thank the Watch Freek Angel from the bottom of my heart. I'm just so grateful to be a member of a forum with people that care so much for others. I also want to thank James and the other Moderators for all that they do to keep this place so alive. My heart is so full right now I just don't know how to put it into words. I will post some pics of my wonderful watches at the end of this.

In the spirit of the Secret Angel Program it asks you to pay this generosity forward. It's ironic because before I even knew I was the lucky person to receive this honor I had decided to gift a watch to another WFmember and that was the one I sent out tonight. This was just a small token of my appreciation to one of the great members of this forum. I wish I had enough watches to gift out to everybody becausemost of you have done so many countless acts of generosity for others on this forum that I feel like what I have done is meaningless.

Aside from the watch forum I volunteer my time one night a week to work with at-risk youth. These are kids from broken homes that are on the verge of entering the Juvenile Court System. I try and help these kids understand the law and why it's important to be good contributingmembers of society. It's not much, but I hope that I can impact just one kid to choose a different path in life to follow.

Without going into details I have recently gifted a lot of watches to fellowPolice Officers that I work with in hopes of helping them understand why I'm so looney when it comes to watch collecting LOL!! J/K.It has been fungiving theseaway to men and women that do so much to serve and protect the community that I live in. I always enjoy hearing their stories about how people have commented on their new watches. Well anyways I justwanted to once again express my appreciation for this wonderful program. It is such a good thing andI can tell you that the generosity being doneon this forum has changed me in moreways then anybody will ever know. Thanks again to all those behind it. Now for my poor quality photos of such awesome watches.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

A huge congrats to you Rob! I'm glad you got what you were looking for. Good luck convincing the wife that you "just happened to get BNIB watches for free in the mail". :b

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Congrats to you Rob!!!!

And thanks again to our Secret Watch Angel!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Congrats to Rob a deserving winner in every way. You will love the Androids. I have been lucky enough to own two and they are just great watches. Also, thank you again to the Watch Angel. This is an amazing program that goes beyond description. I was trying to explain how this giveaway works to my wife and she just kept saying, "What?, Why? Huh?". :%

Wear them often and with pride Rob. You deserve them.

PS: We are going to need some better pictures. :lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
A huge congrats to you Rob! I'm glad you got what you were looking for. Good luck convincing the wife that you "just happened to get BNIB watches for free in the mail". :b
Ha Ha LOL!! The wife has started asking lots of questions now. She even asked for the Password to my PayPal account. The letter in the box saved my bacon (No pun intended LOL) Thanks again to everyone of you that is involved in this. :b:b

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Congrats to Rob a deserving winner in every way. You will love the Androids. I have been lucky enough to own two and they are just great watches. Also, thank you again to the Watch Angel. This is an amazing program that goes beyond description. I was trying to explain how this giveaway works to my wife and she just kept saying, "What?, Why? Huh?". :%

Wear them often and with pride Rob. You deserve them.

PS: We are going to need some better pictures. :lol
Thanks Marc. I'm just blown away at howwell built these Androids are. I wish I would have pulled the trigger on onelong ago. As for the photography, it is what it is Ha Ha LOL!! :lol:%

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Congrats to you Rob!!!!

And thanks again to our Secret Watch Angel!
James,

Thanks again for all that you do. I know that you and the other Moderators are very instrumental inmaking this program so awesome. :c:c:c

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
WOW Congrats Rob - great surprise to come home to!!!

enjoy those 2 gorgeous androids!!
Thanks George. This has been a great week. Your watch yesterday and now these two today. This week has sure made up for the past couple of weeks and I owe it all to you and everybody else involved in these generous gifts.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Rob, a very deserving recipient to say the least. Congrats my friend. You have truly grasped the "feeling" as I knew you would. As our inside joke goes........."see".:)

Best wishes Pal!

CJ

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Rob, a very deserving recipient to say the least. Congrats my friend. You have truly grasped the "feeling" as I knew you would. As our inside joke goes........."see".:)

Best wishes Pal!

CJ
Thanks CJ. You got this ball started and it is so much fun. Thanks again for your great example my friend.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

It's a beautiful thing.

Well deserved.

Congrats.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Hey CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's a great feeling to win something from this site because whoever does the contest, does it with the very best intentions and really wants the winner to enjoy it! Your watches are awesome and I know that you'll really enjoy wearing them!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.