Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone here at watchfreeks.com; each member and all involved in the Secret Angel program.

There were about 25 postings of kindness and compassion we members have shown unto others. In my estimation we are all Angels and winners.

My newly adopted family has arrived; the home is a bit crammed with birds, dogs, people and furniture, but it's a loving home, the mom is a wonderful cook who had made fresh breads daily.

I was watching the NCAA National Championship Football game between Alabama and Texas, when I received a private message at this forum, asking me if I checked my USPS mailbox lately. I replied no, I will check at halftime; with 2:30 remaining in the half my curiosity got the best of me.

I opened the box much to my surprise were 2 boxes, 1 containing an Android Men's Interceptor GMT, 1 box with an Invicta Eagle Force, below is a photograph of the watches. I apologize I'm learning to be a watch photographer.

I have three (3) rules that try to guide me each day.

1. Learn something new each day; I've made myself a better person.

2. Help at least one person each day; I've made myself a better person.

3. Do unto others as you would, they should, do unto you.

The Secret Angel asked that the winner of this contest post additional acts of kindness.

This week I purchased 3 college textbooks for the upcoming semester for one of my classmates who is less fortunate than I.

I've repaired the computer network at our local senior’s center. My Town is broke; the town IT department can no longer perform services for the senior center. I was asked to check it out, replaced a piece of faulty hardware.

I've refurbished 3 discarded computers, installed operating systems and office systems to give to local school children who have none. Another organization is paying for internet services and providing printers.

I attended the Fiesta Bowl Monday, took Monday and Tuesday off.

Thank you one and all for your kindness and generosity.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Well done.

You deserve it.

Please keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! 2 watches is amazing!!!

And your act of kindness was wonderful

I am sure the Secret Watch Angel will be smiling!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Jeff,

Your acts of kindness are inspiring to read about!

You seem like a genuinely caring, thoughtful, and compassionate individual.

It sounds like you are MORE than deserving of the Secret Angel gifts!

ENJOY them! You most certainly DESERVE them! :)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Jeff;

Bravo to you
and bravo
to the Secret Angel. This is the best thing since sliced bread. I hope it never ends.

·
Registered
53 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Jeff on your well deserved prizes. Your story is great and shows that people are still compassionate and kindhearted in nature. I am sure the appreciation from the family was more than enough for you and the Secret Angel Giveaway is a nice acknowledgment of your incredible act of kindness. I Applaud you :c!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

After reading your post here Jeff, I think our Angel must have some special talent to have picked you. I only hope I can be as generous with my time and resources as you have been. My hat off to you and my admiration to you Jeff.

JEFF, Thanks for getting my desire going again to help others. CARL

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Jeff! It is wonderful folks like you that make the world a better place for others. Thank you for all you do. Enjoy your new timepieces and wear them in good health. ....Bob

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Brother Freek,
I am honored to be among such people ! :c:c:c

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

UPDATE

First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement.

I was informed late yesterday afternoon that my adopted family was moving. The Mom met some guy who invited Mom, kid, birds and dogs to live with him in Maryland. Moving day was today.

To answer your questions,
I did not ask where or how she met this guy.
She mentioned he's retired MSgt from AF works at Andrews AFB.
I wished her all the best, asked her to send me crabcakes from Timbuktu once settled.

In the back of my mind I hope she made an educated decision.

The U-Haul just left, my house is much more quieter now, my birds are sadden. Back to watching sports and watch shows without the nagging. Actually she was a fantastic guest, she took care of the interior housekeeping (I HATE HOUSEWORK) and was a fantastic cook, almost daily she made 3 fresh loaves of bread daily ohh the aroma and what that gal could do with an artichoke.

I hope it all works out for her.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Thank you for the update. What a twist in the story. Hopefully this is a positive move for them for the future!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.