Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered the new divers line of UHF watches...I purchased this PVD Chronograph mostly because I got an amazing deal on it through a shop in Detroit used........I like the automatic one they make but it looks a bit bulky with that bezel lock on the left side........I am extremely impressed, (Thus Far)
The crown and pushers both are screw down. The bezel is etched and of perfect height and design in my eyes..It does ride below the flat antireflective crystal though so I'll have to be mindful of that..The 6 bolts in it's design will probably hit something before the crystal does though.....The hands and pointers are all spot on and functionality seems exact......The chronograph hand looks like it sweeps when activated.....I guess it actually is a fast 8 clicks at a time......hence the triple tuning fork quartz movement.......pretty cool looking at any rate......The second hand at 6 sweeps as well......Nice caseback design......The silicone/rubber ? strap and logo buckle are top notch......I'll post more after daily use.....Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Very Sharp. Love the color combo. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I really like what Bulova is doing, especially with the sweeping quartz watches. They have made a concentrated effort over the last 2 - 3 years to take the brand upscale.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I would never have bought a Bulova previously except for their Valjoux gutted Accutron Gemini's ....(liked the see thru casebacks) which weren't very water resistant.......I would opt for their parent Citizen divers......But the Bezel did it for me on this one as well as the 300m wp.......This Sea King line is beefier than the pro master stuff........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After having way too many numerous brands of diver's.......the other selling points that I noticed was the excellent lume, screw down pushers, cnc machined and logo'd buckle, thicker springbars, matte and polished combination of finish on case, AND a superior quartz movement......a bargain compared to many others out there........

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Very nice Bulova Sea King; Congratulations, Citizen purchasing Bulova was a great thing for Bulova and the watch buying community. The new Accutron ll's are using the precisionist movement and new case sizes in the 41 to 43mm range. I made a comment on the Bulova FB page. I was told new models may be on display in September.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts