10,615 Posts
imported post

looks nice but i wish they had the black dial on rubber

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i think they are over-doing this venom color scheme way too much

put this watch with its normal black dial and they will sell like crazy!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Aliquando wrote:
Only Invicta can turn a classic design into a fugly mess in one go.

Steve
I actually agree 100%. I LOVE my black and silver SAS but this is just....wrong. At least to me.

Classy -

A little silly (to me) -

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I agree . . . and rubber straps on EVERYTHING! :whatever:

I got the $579/$589 OTV version of this watch, back in Feb/March, and it really looked great (just a bit big).

Now they continue to dilute this flagship model with ISA quartz and ETA G10 movements, rubber straps and candy colored dials. :whatever:

What happened??????

Could you imagine Omega doing this with their Planet Ocean, or Rolex with the Submariner???????

WATCHURSELF wrote:
i think they are over-doing this venom color scheme way too much . . .

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

If it comes in around $300 or so like the Bolt did and has better dial and case color choices it will still be one to consider. I won't pay over $325-$350 for this watch and the hype around it and may not even consider it at that price. A mid-size would be interesting at around a 47-48mm.

CurrentTime wrote:

I got the $579 OTV version of this watch, back in Feb/March, and it really looked great (just a bit big).

Now they continue to dilute this flagship model with ISA quartz and ETA G10 movements, rubber straps and candy colored dials. :whatever:

What happened??????

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Not feeling it....Original is better..I think the rubber is throwing it off...

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

At the risk of incurring the "Wrath of Kahn" ( LOL Ron)..................................... I gotta tell ya, I like it and I'm not even a big fan of rubber straps at this point. I do agree though. Black dial will look much better.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:

I got the $579/$589 OTV version of this watch, back in Feb/March, and it really looked great (just a bit big).

What happened??????

Could you imagine Omega doing this with their Planet Ocean, or Rolex with the Submariner???????

WATCHURSELF wrote:
And if they did they might sell more!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I highly doubt it or they would have years ago. No need for these companies to try and build their customer base in this manner.

RipitRon wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:

What happened??????

WATCHURSELF wrote:
And if they did they might sell more!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

You are right Current like a Vette the average owner of Rolex and or a Omega is somewhere between 55yrs and 72 yrs of age. general Style and complexity isnt what that crowd is going for. It is generally just stale and exclusivity the seek. I can understand that Accept I see more Grey haired Vitamin B deficient Upper management people wearing the same ole Submariner and or Omega Seamaster then any SAS!!! So maybe Exclusivity wasnt the right word! Hey I can appreciate a Vette like the next guy, but why own one when I can buy a Shelby GT500, throw a pulley and a tune on it and blow the thing out of the water!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I am waiting for the 2010 version; Edible Gummy material strap in rainbow colors, Swiss Rubber Band movement and a rotating multiple choice color dial.....c'mon Invicta, this is the SAS you're messin with, knock it off!!!

CJ

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
You are right Current like a Vette the average owner of Rolex and or a Omega is somewhere between 55yrs and 72 yrs of age. general Style and complexity isnt what that crowd is going for. It is generally just stale and exclusivity the seek. I can understand that Accept I see more Grey haired Vitamin B deficient Upper management people wearing the same ole Submariner and or Omega Seamaster then any SAS!!! So maybe Exclusivity wasnt the right word! Hey I can appreciate a Vette like the next guy, but why own one when I can buy a Shelby GT500, throw a pulley and a tune on it and blow the thing out of the water!
But I don't see a SAS equating to the Shelby at all!

My point is . . . the opposite has happened . . . we started with a Shelby and now we have a 6-cylinder Mustang!

I think what bugs me is that when Invicta develops a great watch like the SAS, they then take it down hill from what it was introduced to be (they're now doing it with the SAIII and the RD). The SAS is a gorgeous timepiece! When it came with the 7750, it was an exclusive watch . . . not just in price, but in availability. I'm Not being a snob . . . this is how Invicta kinda introduced the world to this watch. Fast forward at least 18 months, and take a look at what this watch has morphed into. It's butt ugly!

You don't get the 7750, or the 251.272, or even a half decent Ronda movement. You get an ISA alarm/GMT or a G10 (in other models). You now get a rubber strap, and you get a very *cough* colorful dials.

This is Invicta's flagship model! Supposed to be the "best of the best". It's Not. When it was released, it was "the best", but it's is no where near that now.

Today's SAS is NOT the SAS that was introduced to us all. You have one (at least one) . . . I've owned several . . . you know how great the watch is.

I don't see how anyone who cares about movement choices and owns a SAS is OK with all these "downgrades". If someone isn't into movements, I can see how none of this probably matters and I'm wasting my time.

It's just a watch. There are tons of people who will gladly snatch up this new rendition of the SAS. Good for them! I think we all should have a chance to own this timepiece. It's just hard to watch it get downgraded over time.

Rolex and Omega watches may be the same old boring design, worn by "old people" but you don't need to worry about them taking a great watch and turning into something that looks terrible, just because that's the current style, and they need to turn a buck. They aren't going to stop using their quality movements to insert a less expensive movement that they've bought in bulk. They aren't going to "downgrade" their watches in any way (straps, crystals, dials, etc) to save a buck. This is the gap I see between Invicta and other brands.

As a long time Invicta watch buyer, it sucks to watch your favorite brand dilute it's products when there was nothing wrong with them to begin with!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts