Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just wanted to pass some info I got from over on WG regarding the bezel screws on the SAS. I was under the impression from reading lots of posts that they were not bezel screws....well here is what I got.....James or Don let me know if there is an issue with this type of post...hope not. Of course I don't have to worry about this any longer but thought the info might be useful.

Here is the info I got........sounds funny to me......I think Don may be able to add additional info.

The bezel screws are actual screws. You can contact me if you have an issue with one and I can then get your information directly to the people that can provide the parts. I do not get involved in the shipping or anything...my role is to just try and assist with getting your information to the correct people.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Interesting. I was under the impression that they weren't of any use at all, that they were just for looks.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

okay.......im not starting a war here..............i do not have a sas in hand, so i can confirm or deny................heres what i have read and heard............the older versions of the sas had the screws in completeley different areas on the bezel vs the new ones.......i have seen pics on other forums showing the screw heads off, with no actual screw thread part underneath, and one member said they took an hex wrench or allen wrench, whatever, and unscrewed one only to have it pop off and just be a hex plate, no screw at all, and he just glued it back on. .............its also now being desribed, as "accent screws"..........SO, like i said, i do not own one.............to anyone that has an SAS, with the flame fusion crystal(newer model SAS), is there anyone here that would be willing to unscrew one or test one of the bezel screws, to see if they are a screw or a just a metal screw plate , that is gluedon?.............I dont know why, but im thinking Ron, would do something like this, just to prove me wrong and stick it up my ass...............lol

here are pics of the newer vs older model SAS, where you can see the difference in the screw alignment..............the blue model is the older version , with the sapphire crystal.....

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Don. The one I had owned is the newer version and you can truly tell a difference. I hope we can put an end to this debate here on WF. Hopefully someone will take your test!

James what is the layout on yours again?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Here is what I know, every SAS I own including the one I just put on my wrist has the old screw layout, even though I have 3 of them that say Flame Fusion crystal on them! I just went and unscrewed one a little and it unscrews!

What I find odd is the Pik that Don posted above has a different screw configuration!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks. Hope the info helps others possibly. Maybe it was just the first step at lower costs on some of the SAS such supposedly the next SAS versions will have G10 movements.......I would really like to see some pics from someone that has had the issue with them being fake screws.

RipitRon wrote:
Here is what I know, every SAS I own including the one I just put on my wrist has the old screw layout, even though I have 3 of them that say Flame Fusion crystal on them! I just went and unscrewed one a little and it unscrews!

What I find odd is the Pik that Don posted above has a different screw configuration!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:

thanks for looking into that Ron...........im guessing the new screw layout , is relativley new.............dont know how new, but new to say the least..........im guessing these might be the ones with the problems? Again, not having one, i dont know........................im just going by what i have read and what has been said about them..........and not being rude here to anyone, but Invicta does have a track record of screwing up and then covering there tracks later(lupah reserve issue, RD caseback issue, S1 excursion issue........etc)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the interesting information guys...it's especially helpful to those of us who don't have a SAS yet...just gives us some insight to the watch...

Great post guys!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think mine are real screws but I will find out soon enough

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Mine was exactly like James' SAS...........so they look like the blue version in Don's post....probably real in that configuration? Thanks for sending out your WG post James. Let's see if you get the same response that I did.....just curious.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Hey Don can you post the two different pics over on WG too? Just curious about why the difference now too.

Bedtime....maybe an answer tomorrow.....doubting it.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Wow you people just wouldnt let that die over there would you! LOL!!! I am glad Strutn45 cleared it up for you!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Couldn't really tell if I was seeing threads in the one post of the bezel with the part out (don't really want to say screw yet).

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am pretty sure that it is a allen post and a slotted screw. My allen turns which tells me that it isnt a decorative allen! The pik I saw of the broken allen looked to have a broken post still in the hole.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Wow you people just wouldnt let that die over there would you! LOL!!! I am glad Strutn45 cleared it up for you!
I dont think anything is cleared up yet. And all the guessing in the world by the members here or there does not answer the question until we get an official answer from someone at Invicta.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I dont think anything is cleared up yet. And all the guessing in the world by the members here or there does not answer the question until we get an official answer from someone at Invicta.
Or tear yours apart and answer your own question!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

lol I am afraid to try to open it up my self. dont want to damage it, hahaha

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Giving credit to where it was due . . . I am totally ripping this from another watch site.

Paraphrasing a possible explanation . . .

MAYBE the original designed bezel DID contain screws/bolts that went through the case of the watch and were functional.

It's been show that a 2nd design of the bezel is on folk's wrists. Is it quite possible that these newer bezel lack the functional screws/bolts and contain something close to "decorative" or non-functional as a cost saving measure.

This is my speculation . . .

It makes sense to lower production costs when "mass" producing OTV SAS offerings or possibly offers aimed at allowing lower retail prices (hence the saving to us at the ShopNBC level).

Just a perspective that I wanted to share. :)

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Looks like Jim answered the question, and now I am glad I didnt remove the Allen screw I just barely turned it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts