Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looks like "cooler heads" are prevailing and many are really looking hard at the cost of the upcoming OTV SANIII Kit. Inexpensive quartz, FF, aluminum/metal bracelet......clearly the case and the interchangeable straps are interesting but is it enough to ask a "premium price". Would i buy one even at a ridiculously low price, no. Already have 3 very nice auto movement SANIII's, I see no reason to own one of these. I resisted the low price quartz SAN's at Costco, I think I can resist this with ease.
My opinion is that they should have made this offering "better" than and "different" enough to get guys like me on board. In my opinion owning this would downgrade my SANIII collection. In spite of the economic climate we have learned that collectors will still pay a premium price for a premium product. To some degree it appears that many of the "TV watch companies" are taking remaining parts and seeing what they come up with (new SANIII, Renato dual time, Renato open heart, etc.) Just my, more than likely, ill informed .02....thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think it will still be popular.
From a sales/marketing standpoint I think it makes sense to have a "kit" like this like other watch brands have. So it is a nice package deal to sell.

that is assuming the price point is realistic.

I also think that this is a preview of some standard things they will do on the SAN IV and have these kits available initially.

While I agree the hinted price seems high, none of us really know yet what they will be actually sold for. And a watch with multiple strap options is more versatile.

So put your self in the shoes of the new first time buyer - it makes sense and does seem attractive to basically get 3 watches.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No argument here James; operative phrase being "first time buyer" but I still wonder about it's success with existing SAN owners regardless of the price. It will be interesting to see what happens.........:)

TVDinner wrote:
I think it will still be popular.
From a sales/marketing standpoint I think it makes sense to have a "kit" like this like other watch brands have. So it is a nice package deal to sell.

that is assuming the price point is realistic.

I also think that this is a preview of some standard things they will do on the SAN IV and have these kits available initially.

While I agree the hinted price seems high, none of us really know yet what they will be actually sold for. And a watch with multiple strap options is more versatile.

So put your self in the shoes of the new first time buyer - it makes sense and does seem attractive to basically get 3 watches.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

it looked very cheap to me....not my bag at all....I have a SAN3 7750 and it will be as far as i go with it.....No FF for me :)

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i would jump all over it if the KIT was RETRO-FIT to previous models -that way i can switch up all of my SAN's

no go as this is not an option and i think alot of SAN III owners will pass -this probably wont go over as big as they'd like IMO

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

hell if i could swap out a rubber onto my san 7750 i would do it for kicks...but i dont want this kit/watch/...

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Exactly how I feel, as well! I really wish these straps/bracelet were interchangeable. That would make a difference. However, an inexpensive movement (that I have no use for), coupled with the dial colors (eek!), coupled with the price = PASS.

WATCHURSELF wrote:
i would jump all over it if the KIT was RETRO-FIT to previous models -that way i can switch up all of my SAN's

no go as this is not an option and i think alot of SAN III owners will pass -this probably wont go over as big as they'd like IMO

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Eric,

Just as a heads up . . . you can swap a rubber strap onto your 7750. It's a direct fit. I guess the specific color combo on your 7750 would limit your strap choices, but you could do the swap. I've done several now. :)

ericf4 wrote:
hell if i could swap out a rubber onto my san 7750 i would do it for kicks...but i dont want this kit/watch/...

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

Really?? You have any pics? I have the rose and black so likely only a black strap works...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Not for me either. I'm staying away from Invicta. Decided to take my collection in another direction. No more TV brands for me right now.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I hear you.......we got plans.....wanna race? Just kidding I won't be able to do anything until at least mid year if then.....would like to see it on first too so I could use your pics and opinion on it.....

sheraortho wrote:
Not for me either. I'm staying away from Invicta. Decided to take my collection in another direction. No more TV brands for me right now.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
I'm with you on that. I have gone back to purchasing non-TV watches myself.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I like the looks of some of the TV watches but they don't hold their value at all. I don't buy a watch to make money on it but I also expect to get a reasonable price for my watch when I sell it. You get nowhere near what you should with those brands I'm now finding out the hard way!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

The only complaint I have at this time is the colors, I am not a huge color guy and too own another SAN III Which I have 7 of them, it would have too rock my boat. You all know me I could care less about it being a Auto in fact I prefer a quartz any day of the week anyways!

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Well...it didn't do anything for me. I like hte little case the kit is coming in...but that's about it. The bracelet sounds like an Active bracelet...el cheapo!!! Quartz watches are okay with me...but the overall appeal to me is zilch!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
imported post

I'm going to pass on this too. But just due to the fact that the SAN III in and of itself does absolutely nothing for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

very nice package but the watch movement can be bought for $20-$25 bucks tops. as i have been told, almost all watch buyers go for the looks and most (99%) don't buy watches for the movements. at this point in my collecting i am looking for just a couple (2 or 3) of movements then viewing the body. i need to stick to that otherwise i would have too many 'caddys with kia motors' if you know what i mean..long story short, i will pass on friday's otv..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts