Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I learned about this watch through this WF community and then did some research of my own. Most reviews are favorable and I've always loved the looks of the original Seiko timepiece. I pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. The first watch arrived from China and everything looked great except for some bezel misalignment. I compared the bezel alignment of the San Martin to my other dive watches and it just wasn't up to par. I contacted Glenn and he agreed to take the watch back and ship me a new one with improved bezel alignment. I promptly shipped the watch to his US warehouse in Portland, OR. and he shipped me a second watch from China. Before shipping the second watch, he sent me some photos and I could immediately tell the bezel alignment was better so I gave him a "thumbs up" to proceed with shipment.

The new watch arrived late yesterday and first impressions are very good. The watch is gorgeous!! The brushed and polished steel is very nice and the sapphire crystal is a pleasure to look at. The bezel on this one is slightly off at 7 o'clock but it's an improvement over the first watch and I can live with it. The back case on this watch is beautifully machined. I find myself taking it off my wrist regularly to look at the back case. The screw down crown works extremely well in all positions and the action feels darn near perfect to me. The rubber strap is a better quality strap than most OEM straps on my other dive watches. The watch is very comfortable and the 40mm size wears nicely on my wrist. I paid a little extra for the "San Martin" hexagonal logo but I think it adds to the good looks of the watch.

What else? I can't say enough about Glenn Yu (he's the San Martin rep who worked with me on this sale). His professionalism and customer service skills are nothing short of EXCELLENT. It's nice to work with someone like Glenn who understands the true meaning of customer service. There were countless emails back and forth with pictures. He went above and beyond to make sure my expectations were being met.

San Martin uses DHL. They provide superb tracking and both watches arrived at my front door earlier than expected. Both were very well packaged. Here are a couple of photos.

IMG_20200708_084802993.jpg
IMG_20200708_085500935.jpg

Reactions: Chazman1946

Super Moderator
Wow, just wow Rob !!! :D馃く So happy that things worked out, and now
you have this stunner in hand, or on the wrist. 馃檪 It's really uplifting when
the people behind a brand are as impressive as the watches they make !
It makes you just appreciate the watch that much more, and boy oh boy,
there was already a lot to love about this one ! 馃槈

Front, and back, the quality looks astonishing ! ..Don't know whether to
stare at the crazy cool case-back, or majestic dial first sir. It's fantastic !
BIG congratulations here Rob, and thanks a ton for the great review !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom!! Glad it all worked out. This is an awesome addition to my collection.

Also, a big "thank you" to Mrs. Wiggles for helping spark my interest in San Martin watches.

Registered
Glad it all worked out and you are pleased with it.
It looks great, I like it. I have my eye on a couple San Martins, but am waiting on a good used deal. None seem to pop up, so I will probably be ordering a couple within the next month or two.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Glad it all worked out and you are pleased with it.
It looks great, I like it. I have my eye on a couple San Martins, but am waiting on a good used deal. None seem to pop up, so I will probably be ordering a couple within the next month or two.
Thanks!! Have to say.....the pictures aren't the best. The watch looks MUCH better in person. Wish my trusty SKX came with a crystal and rubber strap like this!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, looks good. I like that they offer this different logo, even if it costs a bit more.
Thanks! This was my favorite of the logo options. I think it costs an extra $20 but I did get a discount on the watch which helped offset the cost.

Super Moderator
Thanks Tom!! Glad it all worked out. This is an awesome addition to my collection.

Also, a big "thank you" to Mrs. Wiggles for helping spark my interest in San Martin watches.
Don't mention it Rob. 馃檪 It really is great that everything turned out, and
turned out amazing ! 馃槑 Honestly couldn't be nicer I don't think. Hope it
gets a ton of wrist time, and yes, thanks Mrs. Wiggles !!! (y)(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts