Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Very curious on the thoughts people have about the engine put in my first SAN III I purchased the other day. I am still waiting arrival but have some concerns over the G10 and have seen some negatives posted on other sites about it. Hate to spend all this money for something that will not last. Of course I have heard some people call the movement a workhorse. Thoughts?

[*]Strap: Polyurethane rubber [*]Movement: Swiss ETA G10.211 Quartz Chronograph [*]Crystal: Flame Fusion [*]Crown: Screw down w/ function pushers [*]Clasp: Buckle [*]Strap Measurements: 9-7/8" L x 28mm W [*]Case Measurements: 50mm [*]Water Resistance: 50 ATM - 500 meters - 1650 feet

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I have quite a few watches with a G10 and the only problem I've had is buying a new battery! there have been complaints because it's a plastic, non-repairable movement. Okay, so if it goes bad, you get a brand new one for not much money. problem solved! Just my opinion.

Btw, you picked a beauty there. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

How easy is it to put a new movement one? I am assuming because of the dial another G10 would have to go in the watch. I like watches but can not speak too intelligently about the inner workings.

BTW thanks......The yellow dial was singing to me big time!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think you will be fine. All the people making comments about one movement over another all seem to agree that THE WATCH WORKS WELL WITH BOTH.

I have not had one issue with my SAN III 4695 and I think you will be fine.

In addition I think Tuna's comment is EXACTLY correct. :)

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the input. I just consider my first SAN III an investment and became a bit shook at some comments I had read after my order was processed. Can't wait to get it in my hands.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Thanks for the input. I just consider my first SAN III an investment and became a bit shook at some comments I had read after my order was processed. Can't wait to get it in my hands.
I FULLY understand and agree. I am the same way about my triple black SAN III. It was a big investment and it better run well. So far very good results and I have been happy.

I am looking forward to seeing that watch on your wrist!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I'm not really familiar with all of the inner workings either, but If something goes wrong with it, just send it off to Invicta and they'll take care of it for you.
Keep in mind Wolfeman, there are a lot of of folks on a lot of sites that don't things for their own reasons. The only thing that really matters is how much you enjoy what you buy! Experience is what it comes down to. Someone elses bad experiences may not coincide with yours. As long as you register your watches and upgrade to the 5 year warranty, you'll be just fine. Truth be told, I've been cruising watch forums for a little less than 2 years and as much complaining as I've seen about G10's, I have NEVER seen one person complain about one dying on them or showing up DOA! I can't say the same about the ever-popular 7750! I'm NOT saying the G10 is better, or comparable, because it's not as complex, but don't let anyone tell you it's a garbage unit.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

By the way I am stoked because I just received my shipping confirmation on my SAN III. Should have it hopefully by the end of the week. Will post pics.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

The G10 is a good movement period. It won't give you any trouble at all and will last. If it goes, like was already said, send it back to Invicta and they'll replace the movement with another one. The main problem people have with it is that it is really a basic movement with a plastic holder ring (what holds the movement in place) and that it's non-repairable. The same people that complain also think it's too cheap of a movement to be putting it into an expensive watch. That being said, Tag uses them in their F1 watch. So, you be the jidge. I have anumber of them and have NEVER had a problem with them and I think they work well. I'm POSITIVE you'll love the watch so good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Well according to Big Brown my first SAN III should be arriving tomorrow. I am really stoked as this has probably caused the greatest anticipation so far for me. Will hopefully be able to post some pics tomorrow evening.

Now I just have to figure where to go for my next major investment. My thoughts are still on the new Bolt but I am really liking the stealth SAN III. What do you guys think? I am probably going to shell out $600 or a little more.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Well according to Big Brown my first SAN III should be arriving tomorrow. I am really stoked as this has probably caused the greatest anticipation so far for me. Will hopefully be able to post some pics tomorrow evening.

Now I just have to figure where to go for my next major investment. My thoughts are still on the new Bolt but I am really liking the stealth SAN III. What do you guys think? I am probably going to shell out $600 or a little more.
Unless you are looking for an auto, I would go for this one. This thing is incredible in person!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks Tuna. I have looked at that one before. That is a sweet looking watch. Does anyone know or hasanyone heardif the new Bolt on the rubber strap is going to be an automatic? I would like to add an auto to my collection as I don't have one yet.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Hey Wolfeman, It's a Swiss ISA quartz movement. The watch will be under $400 for the OTV.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Hey Wolfeman, It's a Swiss ISA quartz movement. The watch will be under $400 for the OTV.
Thanks again Tuna. This information may lean me more toward grabbing a stealth (Sport)SAN III. The stealth version just looks really cool to me. However, thatblack/silvertone version of the new Bolt is pretty sweet too. I might just wait to see if the SAN IV has an auto version. Any idea when the SAN IV is going to hit or what to expect with it?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
Thanks again Tuna. This information may lean me more toward grabbing a stealth (Sport)SAN III. The stealth version just looks really cool to me. However, thatblack/silvertone version of the new Bolt is pretty sweet too. I might just wait to see if the SAN IV has an auto version. Any idea when the SAN IV is going to hit or what to expect with it?
From what I've read, the IV got pushed back to the first quarter of 2010; possibly Feb/Mar. I have no idea of the movement, but I gotta believe it's the 7750.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts