Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post a bad experience with a seller and did a few weeks ago. Got a reply said my post has to be reviewed by the mod before it becomes visible. Until today, still nothing and no msg from mod as well.

Is there a way to check what was going on?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the pm, it was a cheap watch so no big deal. :smileyface_hand_cla

However I find it funny that I can not post a negative purchase experience on the Feedback section. I thought it is there for members to post feedbacks, good or bad. At least on other watch forum is. :confused:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thank you for the pm, it was a cheap watch so no big deal. :smileyface_hand_cla

However I find it funny that I can not post a negative purchase experience on the Feedback section. I thought it is there for members to post feedbacks, good or bad. At least on other watch forum is. :confused:
Given your post count, it sounds like you just signed up to provide negative feedback...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
We have NEVER EVER not allowed feedback, positive or negative. From what I understand Marc/Spaceview, who is an Admin on this forum was attempting to assist you to find out why you were having issues posting. I suspect it is your low post count as normally the For Sales section and subsections require at least 30 posts to participate.

That being said I am sure Marc will assist you, and if not reach out for additional technical assistance from the site owners.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I did get a PM from admin and suggested me to take the isdue to Paypal but that is not my point. Money is no issue here but fail to give an accurate description and ignore question.

Here is a photo of the watch. I am a bit upset after opened the case back. I did not expect a quartz movement and movement just taped to dial. Probably my mistake that I did not ask before buying.

Anyway, I was just trying to give a heads up to the members here about a not very up front seller.

We have NEVER EVER not allowed feedback, positive or negative. From what I understand Marc/Spaceview, who is an Admin on this forum was attempting to assist you to find out why you were having issues posting. I suspect it is your low post count as normally the For Sales section and subsections require at least 30 posts to participate.

That being said I am sure Marc will assist you, and if not reach out for additional technical assistance from the site owners.

Thanks

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,739 Posts
I am new here that does not mean I am new everywyere.

This is my WUS counts

Hmmmmmmmmmm?

To many of us here, using WUS as a reference isn't great shakes, if you know what I mean.

This is more of a forum for honest watch lovers, not fan-boys, and watch-snobs like that other forum is!

The mods here are fair and honest!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmmmmmmmm?

To many of us here, using WUS as a reference isn't great shakes, if you know what I mean.

This is more of a forum for honest watch lovers, not fan-boys, and watch-snobs like that other forum is!

I do not know what is the deal with WUS and here, it is just a ref. that I am not new on watches and I did not come just to $hit on somebody.

As for the honest watch lover part, my expereice here is 100% not true as I have done only 1 purchase and it was BAD. My seller sure did not fit in that catagory... he he :smile-thumb:

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
You purchased a $45 watch that clearly says it is a custom build. It looks like this in the photos and you are complaining about the quality. Did you ask any questions before you bought it? Did the seller lie to you about the fact that it is quartz or that the case back was something other than snap on? These are things you should ask before you purchase a watch, or ask for more pictures. Yes, I think this watch is most likely poor quality just from the pictures. But you bought it as is. I don't see anything false in ad, certainly the ad is incomplete. However, you were free to ask as many questions as you liked prior to buying. When I replied to you I asked you about the purchase, much more than just referring you to PayPal. However, you seem to see and hear what you want. Enjoy your new watch.

Copper dial Marina build

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okey Okey, you win. I was not complaining but asking how to post my purchase experience. I guess it is not important after all. LOL :smile-thumb2:

You purchased a $45 watch that clearly says it is a custom build. It looks like this in the photos and you are complaining about the quality. Did you ask any questions before you bought it? Did the seller lie to you about the fact that it is quartz or that the case back was something other than snap on? These are things you should ask before you purchase a watch, or ask for more pictures. Yes, I think this watch is most likely poor quality just from the pictures. But you bought it as is. I don't see anything false in ad, certainly the ad is incomplete. However, you were free to ask as many questions as you liked prior to buying. When I replied to you I asked you about the purchase, much more than just referring you to PayPal. However, you seem to see and hear what you want. Enjoy your new watch.

Copper dial Marina build

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
unbelievable. as a fellow member here ttsugar i am disappointed in you if what is stated above are the facts. Our reputations are all we have on these forums as members. Don't be so quick to **** on someone.

·
11,577 Posts
unbelievable. as a fellow member here ttsugar i am disappointed in you if what is stated above are the facts. Our reputations are all we have on these forums as members. Don't be so quick to **** on someone.

Especially over $45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zed073 and Myke

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Well, to be fair, I use WUS as a reference because for some reason, I get a lot of zero posters here, that buy a watch from me, and don't leave any feedback at all. I have more feedback on WUS than hear.
Your comment sounds a bit snobbish to me at least.
I mean, it is the biggest watch forum in the world.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm a relatively new member, and do have a few watches to sell, but I respect the 30 posts rule before one can sell on this site. Makes sense to me!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Okey Okey, you win. I was not complaining but asking how to post my purchase experience. I guess it is not important after all. LOL :smile-thumb2:
I don't know what you were expecting for $45. Did you ask detailed questions before you agreed to buy? Did you contact the seller to try to resolve things after you got the watch? Blasting someone is easier than admitting you didn't take the proper steps and precautions that a buyer should.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
ttsugar has left the building.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Wow. This thread went downhill lol.

The guy just wanted to leave feedback and his post went into moderation. Either way it is what it is, the seller didn't seem to say all in that ad, and the buyer didn't ask enough questions obviously.

And keep in mind, while different mods here and there, WUS and Watchfreeks are owned by the same company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,739 Posts
Well, to be fair, I use WUS as a reference because for some reason, I get a lot of zero posters here, that buy a watch from me, and don't leave any feedback at all. I have more feedback on WUS than hear.
Your comment sounds a bit snobbish to me at least.
I mean, it is the biggest watch forum in the world.
I'm a snob for disliking snobs, that's a new one?

WUS may be the largest watch forum, but that doesn't mean it's the best. WUS has more then enough watch snobs, and fanboys of various brands (which this forum lacks) to make it hard to navigate without running afoul of them.

I know from personal experience.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts