Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am reading some initial reports from SAIII Kit owners who are reporting that the straps ARE interchangeable with the older SAIII cases!

I have no first hand knowledge, so this is based purely on others reports. :)

This reminds me of when the very first rubber strap SAIII model came out. We were told that the straps were NOT interchangeable, and within 1-2 days, there were pics on WGs, showing that it COULD BE DONE!

Looks like a similar case here??????

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Rick - I removed the link to the old thread, but will say it is on WG regarding the old SAN III.

I have wondered all along if maybe these new straps would work with the older cases, and I can not wait to see someone try and post some pictures of if it works.

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

I figured they would be, but I wasn't about to buy another SAN3 to get the straps. I do hope that I'll be able to buy one of the black leather straps for it, though. We'll see; maybe there will be some who will "part it out" and I'll be able to snag one.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Rick - I removed the link to the old thread, but will say it is on WG regarding the old SAN III.

I have wondered all along if maybe these new straps would work with the older cases, and I can not wait to see someone try and post some pictures of if it works.
That's fine . . . I wasn't sure how to in incorporate the info (crediting the source). :)

I hope someone posts pics soon.

Had I bought the kit, I'd already have a dozen pics up, as proof! :)

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I agree with Bigtime that I was not able to buy the new kit to find out if the straps match, but I agree that many will be trying soon and there will be info available!

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

I had asked initially if when the rubber strap versions came out if you could put them on the bracelet SAIIIs. I believe Jim asked Eyal on the air and he said no.

BY ACCIDENT, I found out that it could be done, when one of the screw caps on my all black SAIII got lost. I believe the concern Eyal may have had was with people taking the screw and caps apart frequently, when they are really not meant to be. I really wanted to get a Black rubber strap to sway out on my SAIII with the 7751. Just to lighten it up a little!

·
Super Freak
4,915 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Thanks for the info Rick but I just can't see taking off such a great Kick A$$ bracelet to put on a rubber one??
Just my opinion.........

CJ
I think that on occasion the rubber can look better then a bracelet. Both look or can great but it up to us, sometimes to perfect it.

original

after

Another perfect example

This is what it could be...(Picture borrowed from Shuddy in Geeks)

I've been developing a serious hatred for this SAN III GMT combo. I now absolutely hate the way the all silver bracelet looks on this GMT. I've been swapping out the Subaqua bands and bracelets for a while. I don't have a clue why this one never hit me.

It looks like I'm going to have to invest in another Rubber Strap.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Thanks for the info Rick but I just can't see taking off such a great Kick A$$ bracelet to put on a rubber one??
Just my opinion.........

CJ

I generally prefer bracelets, but I do have a rubber strap on a gunmetal quartz SAIII, and I am OK with it. I purposely haven't looked for a gunmetal bracelet, because I know that I'd buy it and put it on. :)

I don't know why I believed that these new "Kit" straps wouldn't swap with the original SAIIIs. We were told "no" in the past (concerning the rubber strap swaps) and it was incorrect!

·
Super Freak
4,915 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Seattle wrote:
I generally prefer bracelets, but I do have a rubber strap on a gunmetal quartz SAIII, and I am OK with it. I purposely haven't looked for a gunmetal bracelet, because I know that I'd buy it and put it on. :)

I don't know why I believed that these new "Kit" straps wouldn't swap with the original SAIIIs. We were told "no" in the past (concerning the rubber strap swaps) and it was incorrect!
In my opinion it would seem unlikely that Eyal would retool his machinery to suddenly use different bands and bracelets on such a long existing line, especially know the SAN IV is due in a few months. I'm sure that will also take the same bracelets.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

LOL.........Rick, I don't think they always know what they are talking about. Have you ever looked into or studied "body language or response behavior"? I have seen more than one occasion when a caller asks a question and the physical and verbal reaction(s) are standard text book examples of "I have no idea what the answer is but let me respond with this......."

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
Seattle wrote:
Just my opinion.........

CJ

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

good to know. now if they would just sell the straps and bracelets separately so we don't have to buy the entire kit that would be a nice thing.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Thanks MJ - looks great on that model. Again, I hope they come out with some regular silver and black and gold SAS models with the kit.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

It's great to see visual confirmation!

Maybe Eyal will offer individual (or sets of) straps and bracelets for sale. This would be a good way to appease the masses and allow them to install what they want. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.