Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking forward to a vaccine that will hopefully put this virus to rest.

Before this pandemic, my wife and I traveled to several countries. Thank goodness we were already home and not stuck in another country - that would've been a nightmare to say the least.

When the coast is clear we'll be looking forward to future trips.

Some of the countries we've been to:

Indonesia - Surubaya, Bali, and Jakarta.
DR - Punta Cana
Bahamas - Nassau
Croatia - Drubrovnik
Greece - Corfu, Mykonos and Santorini.
Italy - Venice
Montenegro - Kotor
Belgium - Brugge
Germany - Hamburg
Iceland - Reykjavik
France - Paris and Lahavre
Netherlands - Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
England - Southampton and London.
St. Marten - Phillipsburg
St. Kitts and Nevins
St. John’s
St. Lucia
Barbados-Bridgetown

Like traveling too? any other countries you'd recommend?

·
Super Moderator
9,387 Posts
Couldn't agree more on that vaccine Will, and we need it ultra fast.
So you, your wife, and everyone can get back to living right?! Wow,
and Steve is right, you guys are honest to goodness world travelers ! 😯
Can only imagine how amazing it must be traveling all over like that.
Holy cowza, just is incredible Will, and can't really make that many
suggestions. Have been to Canada, which is extremely beautiful ! 🙂

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This should provide some idea

·
Registered
4,593 Posts

There has never been a vaccine for any strain of the Corona Virus, don't hang your hat on one real soon for this one.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Look at this, and then ponder if we went a little too far in panic and allowing Statists to implement Draconian measures, like destroying the economies of the free world? The Hong Kong Flu killed 100 million, that's four times more then COVID, grasp that fact!

During the 1968 Hong Kong flu 400,000 Hippies packed in shoulder to shoulder at Woodstock, Riots in the Streets, the Democratic National Convention. No social distancing, no forced shelter in place orders, no shutting down the country, and tanking the economies. no making people wear masks like they stagecoach robbers, in fact, no disruption at all of normal life.

I left the Marine Corps in 1968 and joined the Chicago Police Dept. I can't remember anyone acting in the hysteria of panic like they are today. Not at all, people didn't even discuss it, and the media back then was at least semi-honest. Not today, the media is fear-mongering and have the world's populations cowering in fear, so much fear they are willingly giving up their freedoms to Statist Tyrants who promise safety, a safety you will never get from them! We have been had folks, and they are turning us all into willing little sheep!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Reflex's Cape Town would be a sweet destination... Cape Town - My hometown (beautiful pics sir! thank You).
My wife's a beach bunny, she said she'd like to hop back to the Grand Cayman Islands to share them with me.
When our older kids graduated from high school she took them on trips, and other times with family and friends, but Grand Caymen's been her favorite destination.
That's a great list.

·
Super Moderator
9,387 Posts
There has never been a vaccine for any strain of the Corona Virus, don't hang your hat on one real soon for this one.
Wow, actually didn’t even realize that Chaz. That is crazy.
Have to thank you for the lesson about that sir ! (y) Let’s
hope we can change that statistic in the coming months.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Is this thread being allowed to degenerate into another off topic COVID debate? Certainly hope not. Chazman's made his point elsewhere
I didn't previously tell everyone here that 1968 Hong Kong Flu killed four times more people worldwide than this Virus did, yet nothing shut down, no quarantines of the healthy, no closing of bars, businesses, no destruction to the economies at all. We have all been duped into panic mode and allowed Tyrannical Statists to turn our lives and countries upside down, why are you dismissing that fact? I lived through the Hong Kong Flu, which killed 30,000 more Americans than this virus, while we had 120 million fewer population in the U.S. making it's mortality rate much higher.

Yet, no panic no fear, no draconian edicts destroying the economy, life didn't skip a beat. Why are you so opposed to hearing those facts, why are you so intent on not hearing the truth?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks Tom, actually Canada is on the list especially Toronto and Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This should provide some idea

Nice, yesss Ireland. Most definitely will be traveling there. Heard is where some of most beautiful castles and countrysides on the planet.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reflex's Cape Town would be a sweet destination... Cape Town - My hometown (beautiful pics sir! thank You).
My wife's a beach bunny, she said she'd like to hop back to the Grand Cayman Islands to share them with me.
When our older kids graduated from high school she took them on trips, and other times with family and friends, but Grand Caymen's been her favorite destination.
That's a great list.
Thanks for the suggestion. Grand Cayman Islands is on the list. ;)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'll hang on to a bit of hope. Flu shot thus far have helped throughout the years so let's see how the scientists and researchers can help. I know it usually takes multiple years to create a vaccine but during this unprecedented time, I could only hope.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I think I'll hang on to a bit of hope. Flu shot thus far have helped throughout the years so let's see how the scientists and researchers can help. I know it usually takes multiple years to create a vaccine but during this unprecedented time, I could only hope.

This virus, like most others, will have burned out with herd immunity if we allow it. The chances for a vaccine are, slim and none!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’d only travelled outside the UK once till I reached my late 20’s but have made up for it since.

Bahamas - Nassau
Barbados - St Lawrence
Belgium - Brussels
Cabo Verde - Murdeira
China - Shanghai, Beijing, Xian, Hong Kong
Croatia - Dubrovnic
Cuba - Varaderos, Havana
Cyprus - Larnaca
Egypt - Luxor, Hurgadha
France - Paris, Calais, Arras, Compiegne, Nice, Lille
Fuerteventura - Corralejo
Germany - Berlin, Franfurt, Wurtzburg