Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not sure how to feel about this watch. It looks pretty cool, and it's a Swiss quartz movement. My only gripes are that it's huge (50+ mm), the crown cap is gargantuan and hits my wrist, and the GMT hand loses hours from where I set it (1 hour behind current time). I've swapped the band from the Stührling onto it, because I hate rubber straps, and the original was gaudy.

I'm still up in the air about it, and was wondering if anyone else has one, or just has an opinion on it, based on my pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
So, I'm not sure how to feel about this watch. It looks pretty cool, and it's a Swiss quartz movement. My only gripes are that it's huge (50+ mm), the crown cap is gargantuan and hits my wrist, and the GMT hand loses hours from where I set it (1 hour behind current time). I've swapped the band from the Stührling onto it, because I hate rubber straps, and the original was gaudy.

I'm still up in the air about it, and was wondering if anyone else has one, or just has an opinion on it, based on my pictures.
I've always thought the Invicta "Russian" Divers were manufactured more as a running joke than anything, mostly because of the size. They're huge, even for dive watches and could be used as a weapon due to their obvious heftiness. I don't even think deep-water divers use them THAT big. My idea of a Russian Dive Watch is this...

That's my 710 series Vostok Amphibia, and 100% Russian-made, minus the bezel and the sharkmesh bracelet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. This is true. What really killed me is that it's only rated at 100m water resistance. My Freestyle is rated at 200m, with longer lasting lume.

I know it's not a dive watch, so call calling it a diver was kind of funny.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sounds like you have quite a few things not to like about this piece. If that's the case (and personally speaking, it does look too big for your wrist to the point that it looks a bit gaudy), perhaps return it for something else. There are quite a lot of Invicta divers that would most likely look great on you.

As for the GMT feature, it sounds like your watch may be defective. I'm not 100% sure as I'm only relying on your observations, of course.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bentfish, your observation is correct. The watch is quite gaudy compared to my liking, but I can oddly pull off the Stührling Tuskegee Bomber which is the same size, but slimmer case and much smaller crown. The GMT hand had lost about an hour and a half a day since I set it. It's supposed to be set on Central time but it's now on Pacific time. I got this watch in a lot purchase, where I got 7 of them for $50. I'll probably put it up for sale locally and get something I actually like. Either that, or convert it to a pocket watch lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bentfish, your observation is correct. The watch is quite gaudy compared to my liking, but I can oddly pull off the Stührling Tuskegee Bomber which is the same size, but slimmer case and much smaller crown. The GMT hand had lost about an hour and a half a day since I set it. It's supposed to be set on Central time but it's now on Pacific time. I got this watch in a lot purchase, where I got 7 of them for $50. I'll probably put it up for sale locally and get something I actually like. Either that, or convert it to a pocket watch lol.
I think the elements that make this a tad gaudy are the bezel width combined with the crown. Those two stick out like sore thumbs. lol

I'm glad that you got this on the cheap. Who knows, you may even get 50 bucks back from it, making the original lot price literally free.

A pocket watch sounds like a good idea as well. :smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol. Honestly, I'd like it a bit more of it had a smaller crown. Digging up a pocket watch case may be more trouble than it's worth. I'll probably list it for $60 since I'll be sending it away with the original strap and the strap from the Stührling. If the guys at the gas station can make sales on their horrible big face watches with fake diamonds, I'm sure I can send this thing on its way with better (ish) quality and extra parts fairly quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts