Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm teetering on the edge of buying my first Black Monster (specifically the SRP307 as I'm not such a fan of the red accents on the other option).

This only appears to be available with a bracelet and I would prefer a rubber strap.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a black rubber strap for this watch please?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Hi Jams,

Congrats on deciding to purchase your first Black Monster. We carry Black Diver's Rubber Watch Straps (Any size from 16mm-26mm). Also, we carry a 20mm black silicone band that is very similar to the black rubber watch!

Our Black Diver's Rubber Strap:

http://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/20mm-rubber/20mm-black-divers-rubber-watch-band-fits-all-watches-includes-built-in-easy-change-pins/

Our Black Premium Silicone Strap:

http://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/20mm-premium-silicone-interchangeable-watch-strap/20mm-premium-silicone-solid-black-easily-interchangeable-replacement-watch-band-strap-fits-all-watches/

We also offer a 15% forum discount (Discount code: WatchFreeks15) which can be applied at checkout on our website.

Good luck!!

--Jenn

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
My opinion...buy an isofrane for it .
If that's too costly, get a 20mm benofrane (Benarus isofrane like strap)

Both are worlds above the rubber on a Seiko , way more comfortable(fact) and look better (opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
My opinion...buy an isofrane for it .
If that's too costly, get a 20mm benofrane (Benarus isofrane like strap)

Both are worlds above the rubber on a Seiko , way more comfortable(fact) and look better (opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, Benarus has no 20mm rubber. Not sure if hey sold out or what.

Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Bonetto Cinturini makes some nice ones

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Unfortunately, Benarus has no 20mm rubber. Not sure if hey sold out or what.
Ah. Well, I know you could do it with an isofrane, using the 20mm pins, which is take a 22 and squeeze it in there. Ive done it before and I know others have as well. The Benarus is so similar should probably work, if the OP chose to go that route.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Ah. Well, I know you could do it with an isofrane, using the 20mm pins, which is take a 22 and squeeze it in there. Ive done it before and I know others have as well. The Benarus is so similar should probably work, if the OP chose to go that route.

True, forgot that Eric, i think, did that and looked perfect.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies guys -

I bottled it an have found a new BM Gen 1 for £100 less than the Gen 2 which comes on a rubber strap already. I was really looking at this as a beater watch since my SKX007 died earlier this year, so spending half the value of the watch on a strap wasn't on the cards for this one. Apologies, I should have indicated a budget.

As far as I can see there isn't a major difference in the movements accuracy between the Gen 1 and 2, and I can live without hacking and hand winding.

This is really tiding me over until the Armida A1 comes back up for sale, which looks like it's got it's own version of an Isofrane as standard. Nice!

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damnit! Just ordered the Raven strap too! I had no intention of buying a separate strap after ordering the Gen 1 on rubber already :)

Works out around £65 delivered with import tax - I can live with that.

Thanks very much guys!

Jams

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morning all,

The Raven strap turned up yesterday (great fast service btw, and is the same CUDA brand as ships with the Armida's).

I tried putting it on the Black Monster and the fat spring bars wouldn't fit through the holes in the strap.

I've emailed Raven to see what width bars they recommend, but if I get thinner bars will the ends that fit into the lugs also be narrower and not fit the holes properly? Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated please.

James

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Morning all,

The Raven strap turned up yesterday (great fast service btw, and is the same CUDA brand as ships with the Armida's).

I tried putting it on the Black Monster and the fat spring bars wouldn't fit through the holes in the strap.

I've emailed Raven to see what width bars they recommend, but if I get thinner bars will the ends that fit into the lugs also be narrower and not fit the holes properly? Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated please.

James
You should be fine with the thinner spring bars with no issues.

And I dont believe the Benarus/Raven straps are the same that ship with the Armida. Armida straps look similar, but are not as thick and well made as the Benarus version. Unless Armida has upgraded theirs recently, which since I havent had one in a year, is possible.

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
it's not advised to use std. thin springbars with Seiko divers as the ends will damage the lug holes over time. wjean used to sell 2.2mm tipped thin springbars (as opposed to 1.8mm for the std.)

the fat bars will fit in Isofranes fine. use a small dab of silicone grease and they go in easier. the thicker springbars will actually narrow the width of the Iso right at the holes by 1mm, making it very easy to use a 22mm strap on the 20mm BASM lugs. if you look closely, you'll see only the slightest hint of pinching right at the lugs (view full size for best results)-

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@ TC - Both the Armida and Raven straps have 'CUDA' stamped on the underside so I presumed it was the same manufacturer. Looking at them side-by-side I'd be surprised if they were different.

The Armida feels very high quality, although the buckle has got a couple of very sharp corners on it compared to the Raven.

I have already bought the Raven strap so a genuine Isofrane is a non-option unfortunately. I tried to squeeze the FAT bars through but they jammed about 1/3 in and I really struggled to get them out again.

I'll wait to see what Raven say regarding the max diameter bar and see what I can find in that arena.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick update .... Props to four20 for the idea: Dab of liquid hand soap on the strap holes and the standard FAT bars slipped right in. :)

Looks great! Will post a couple of pics soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts