Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

First time post although I have been lurking for a while (drooling over all the nice watches on show in the forum).

I have a question that I hope someone can help with. My submariner needs a new pin for the clasp on the bracelet. I have effected a temporary repair and I suppose I can buy a new claps but I would like to keep the watch original as far as possible. If anyone knows where I can have a new pin fitted (I live in London), or alternatively where I can buy the right pin to fit myself I would be forever grateful.

I'll add a pic or two so you can see what I'm after. (Pardon the crappy looking repair job...its temporary, I swear!)

Sorry, I can't post attachments. It's the submariner without the date and cyclops and the pin I need is the one that secures the clasp and flip lock to the bracelet. Make sense?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they want me to replace the whole clasp. Obviously that makes them more money and I wouldn't mind paying but then it's n longer all that original. My vintage Omega has a replacement clasp and I have been looking for the original for years. No luck with that though. (Although I have to admit it's been said the original omega clasp was quite crappy)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't want to cut corners. Like I said I don't mind paying but I want to keep it as original as I can. The watch is 22 years or so old and a brand new clasp will look...brand new. The rest of the watch looks 22 years old and I want to try and keep the original clasp etc. I would be able to buy the exact same clasp I'm sure, so it's not the same as with the omega where I can't get hold of the original but there's something about keeping it as original as possible. If I can't get the pin I'll replace the clasp no worries. (I certainly don't want to keep the crappy repair job...)

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
There are plenty of NOS submariner clasps out there. You could get one and it will look perfectly fine. Eventually, you will not be able to tell the difference between the original and the replacement. In reality, the original clasp will not really matter in the long run value wise as long as an OEM clasp is put on it as a replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.