Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bbq and one of the guests was sporting a Rolex Sub with a dial that graduated from blue to black. Wasn't able to get a pic and didn't really get a good long look at it. It all came about because another lady guest said " look , you guys have the same watch on"! I was wearing my SKX 009 so, not really the same watch but I do love my Seiko!
Anyone have any idea what model this Rolex might be? Can't find it on their site, the guy told me it was a new model though.
Cheers
Derek

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Did it look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, did not look like the SeaDweller , I would have been clued in because of the Gas Escape valve. It was defiantly more the standard "sub" size. Let's be honest here, I have owned Rolex in the past but not after 1995, the guy said he bought three of these, one for him and two for friends, I had my doubts but as I don't know the models I couldn't say it was a fake or not..obviously I wouldn't say anything to the guest who is a friend of my wife. My thought was that if someone was admiring MY new Rolex I would have taken it off and said something like "try it on". Also, please keep in mind I had a few too many units of beer and whisky in me!
Cheers
D

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I'm surprised Rolex hasn't made a Sub with a 42mm case, that would be a perfect size. I tried on a SUBc the other day, and while it is a vast improvement over my 16610, it is still a little too small, When I looked at the clasp I thought that it worked like the glidelock on the Tudor Pelagos, when I asked the salesman, he said no, only the Deepsea models have the glidelock.

Obviously it does have a glidelock, that works manually, not spring loaded like the Pelagos, just shows you how knowledgeable the sales people are, even at a high end Jewelry store in Scottsdale and a Rolex and Patek AD.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I'm surprised Rolex hasn't made a Sub with a 42mm case, that would be a perfect size. I tried on a SUBc the other day, and while it is a vast improvement over my 16610, it is still a little too small, When I looked at the clasp I thought that it worked like the glidelock on the Tudor Pelagos, when I asked the salesman, he said no, only the Deepsea models have the glidelock.

Obviously it does have a glidelock, that works manually, not spring loaded like the Pelagos, just shows you how knowledgeable the sales people are, even at a high end Jewelry store in Scottsdale and a Rolex and Patek AD.

The glidelock on the Subs actually has more fixed micro adjustments than the Pelagos. The Pelagos only has three fixed micro adjustments, with the spring only supposed to be used during diving.

IMO there is no way that Rolex will produce a 42mm Submariner in the near future. That would impact their "bread and butter" Submariner sales and would be too close in size to the Deep Sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts