Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am still shaking, went to see my Dad this afternoon he said I have an early birthday present for you. View attachment 79154
All of my birthdays have indeed come at once. He has not worn it in a long time and it's been kept in his safe, he prefers to wear his techy Casios.
Can't quite get my head around what I have on my wrist as I type, as it is a watch I could never have afforded.
I will treasure it for the rest of my life.

As soon as I have stopped shaking I will update with better photos.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What an incredible gift!! Happy Birthday!!! Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know many thanks #four somebody pinch me just so I know I am not dreaming.
The hunt is over I can't top this one.

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Congrats man! I couldn't be happier for you.

What a gift to receive, but I'm sure it's all the more special because it was your fathers.

What a beauty!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you gentlemen the sentiment is overwhelming, I will treasure it forever. It is a grail watch for me and one I would never been able to afford. Feeling very blessed at the moment. 😊

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
Great Watch, Great Dad, the most fitting of all grails.

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
WOW!!!! Super-huge congrats, Desk Diver (and of course happy birthday)!

I'm sure it still doesn't seem real. What a treasure, and what a special reminder of just what a special, loving, generous father you have!

Thanks for sharing your story and picture!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Many thanks for the kind words gentlemen, it still has not quite sunk in yet. A gift I will treasure.

·
Super Moderator
14,608 Posts
Oh boy desk !!! :smileyface_hand_cla A giant congrats to you here ! :smile-thumb2: Can't get nicer than this one ! Besides being the ultimate pepsi style watch, then you have the ultimate GMT design as well. It's just so classic, but really modern too ! Honestly is timeless, and a watch that gets better, and better every day. Wow, Happy Birthday, and BIG congratulations !!! Enjoy !

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh boy desk !!! :smileyface_hand_cla A giant congrats to you here ! :smile-thumb2: Can't get nicer than this one ! Besides being the ultimate pepsi style watch, then you have the ultimate GMT design as well. It's just so classic, but really modern too ! Honestly is timeless, and a watch that gets better, and better every day. Wow, Happy Birthday, and BIG congratulations !!! Enjoy !
Thank you, I am absolutely over the moon with it. Still has not sunk in I have to keep checking my wrist to be sure I'm not dreaming.
A treasure for life for sure, the sentiment was overwhelming.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
That's fantastic. I hope my boys react the same when I hand them the omegas I got for each of them when they were born

Cherish it and do the same with that very watch (hand it down to your kid)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's fantastic. I hope my boys react the same when I hand them the omegas I got for each of them when they were born

Cherish it and do the same with that very watch (hand it down to your kid)
Thanks Danny, my Dad shares the same passion for watches as I do but he prefers his techy Casios these days. It's always watch talk when we get together.
The GMT Master has been in his safe for the last 2 years and was only very seldom worn before that.
A watch like this needs to be treasured and worn, which I will do daily baring when I am at work.
I am still overwhelmed by the sentiment.
Unfortunately my son does not share the same passion and can't really understand my love of watches.
My wife couldn't understand my excitement, it's just a watch she said.
I have it on at the moment and it is running sweet.
I will post some proper camera shots as soon as I have time.

Thank you for your kind words. Gary aka desk_diver

1 - 20 of 42 Posts