Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This should pretty much put to rest any discussion about luxury brands being sold on TV also.

http://www.shopnbc.com/Watches/Rolex/Default.aspx?cm_re=NAV-_-Rolex-_-N

And I am sure this will only be the beginning with many more models available down the line. The entire watch industry is stuggling, with the exception of a few few brands.

Say hello to the future of watch selling..... You have to be able to sell to the largest market possible and TV provides something that no store can - a mass huge national (or international) audience.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Yeah, but you'll probably get a Casio in the box:b

CJ
More like a G10

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

These are definitley from Swi.....Lior must have got a good deal on them, so technically they are grey market items.....

In the past, going back a couple of years, Shop used to sell brands of all kinds, from Corum to Clerc, Breitling, Tag, etc.......Then the I brand took over ......

Either way, no matter what brand they have, i have not bought from Shop in over a year now, probably about 2years now, and i dont plan to start anytime soon.......

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
These are definitley from Swi.....Lior must have got a good deal on them, so technically they are grey market items.....

In the past, going back a couple of years, Shop used to sell brands of all kinds, from Corum to Clerc, Breitling, Tag, etc.......Then the I brand took over ......

Either way, no matter what brand they have, i have not bought from Shop in over a year now, probably about 2years now, and i dont plan to start anytime soon.......
No doubt! They are coming thru SWI and if you read the listing it says SWI is offering a 5 year warranty on them! So, it's NOT Rolex that's selling them on the Shop, it's SWI!

I haven't bought from them for awhile now either and really am not sure when I will again.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
imported post

I remeber a few years back seeing Breitling for sale on tv.I almost puked.I was ready dump my chronomats,but thought twice about it.Still it's a little disheartening to see your favorite higher end brand selling on national tv,on an infomercial.They kind of lose all of their credability in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.