Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another look into the Explorer II is exactly what I need right now, esepecially with this new two-tone 124273. Although that is not what I want to talk about, I am talking about the 216570. Have they lost their spotlight? I do not think so, I think they are still very popular and for good reason. I mean they have their signiture aesthetic that many people around the world praise. I for one have never been to big of a fan, but I respect what the model stands for and see the reasons behind the design. I mean for me this Explorer has everything you need on a watch, and if I were going to purchase one of the 216570's I would probably lean towards the "polar" dial. What would you guys choose or what do you currently own? One thing I read in Rolex Explorer II 216570 Ultimate Guide | Bob’s Watches was that "they retained many of the core elements that had defined the collection for more than a quarter of a century". This to me was a really cool fact about the 216570, and now I can completely understand and admire the aesthetic a little bit more. My last question is what do you thing the future holds for the 216570, will it appreciate, will the design maintain its historic core elements, what will happen with this model?

·
Super Moderator
14,752 Posts
Unfortunately don’t own one of these Oliver, but if
I did,it might just be that polar dial version. 😀😎
Not only is it eye-catching, sporty, AND elegant,
but it’s just beautiful. Not to mention is instantly
recognizable from a mile away right?! 😮

To tell the truth, I am going to have to defer to
the members who maybe have this watch, or at
least a Rolex, to give you insight on what the
future might hold for this watch. (y)(y) One
thing is for sure though, it’s a beautiful watch !

On a side note a question to you, how different?
Or similar is the 226570? In the article it said that
it is nearly the same except for the movement.
Could that one be an option for you as well?

In any case, fantastic topic, as well as questions !
Thanks a bunch !!!

·
Watch Freek
273 Posts
I have the Polar Explorer II, purchased for all the reasons Tom had mentioned, except it's recognizability. I needed a GMT complication and was looking at Omega Great White when the opportunity for this watch came along. I didn't hesitate, and have had this watch for almost 4 years now. I appreciate it's ruggedness, as I don't baby it when worn. For me, I didn't need a rotating bezel for a third time zone, and quite like the larger size of the Explorer II.

·
1,030 Posts
I have the older 16570 E2 Polar and love it.
It might be the perfect watch. The later 42 mm are good as well, but I personally don’t think it gets any better than the 40mm version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts