Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well i have to say Rolex really stepped their game up with this watch...The case really wears much much bigger then what it is...Very deep and actually has weight to it...The only thing I didn't like was the bracelet...It tappers off too much and the result of the makes the watch very top heavy...I think Rolex will fix this...They really should...Also the wording inside the dial going around the bezel that says Original gas escape valve is not that noticeable in person for some reason...Great watch...great size...great weight but they need to do some work on the bracelet...

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I love Rolex. I would like to buy their little brother Tudor. Unfortunately they aren't available in the USA. I know you can get them in Canada.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I love Rolex. I would like to buy their little brother Tudor. Unfortunately they aren't available in the USA. I know you can get them in Canada.
Yeah so I heard...I agree with ya the tudor is an awesome watch. I thought I heard it will be available here in the states....mmmmmm...i will check up on that for you...

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Yeah so I heard...I agree with ya the tudor is an awesome watch. I thought I heard it will be available here in the states....mmmmmm...i will check up on that for you...
If you find that they are selling inthe US let me know. I love the Hydro 1200.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
If you find that they are selling inthe US let me know. I love the Hydro 1200.
ok if i find it you will know immediately....

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I owned several Tudor 3-hands (Prince) and one of their Divers before they stopped selling them in the US'

Thanks for sharing your Rolex experience!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I owned several Tudor 3-hands (Prince) and one of their Divers before they stopped selling them in the US'

Thanks for sharing your Rolex experience!
My Avatar is my long range Grail piece. The Tudor Hydro 1200 :c

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Well i have to say Rolex really stepped their game up with this watch...The case really wears much much bigger then what it is...Very deep and actually has weight to it...The only thing I didn't like was the bracelet...It tappers off too much and the result of the makes the watch very top heavy...I think Rolex will fix this...They really should...Also the wording inside the dial going around the bezel that says Original gas escape valve is not that noticeable in person for some reason...Great watch...great size...great weight but they need to do some work on the bracelet...
This one? Isn't 43mm way to small for you. You normally wear way bigger watches then that don't you?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
This one? Isn't 43mm way to small for you. You normally wear way bigger watches then that don't you?

Yes thats it...James I was very shocked when I tried it on..I guess because its very deep and it actually wears very big...I never would think it was less then 47mm..You have to check it out and see for yourself...Pictures do no justice for it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I'll take a look this weekend. Going to see one of my friends at his store. They carry all of these also.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I'll take a look this weekend. Going to see one of my friends at his store. They carry all of these also.
Great...Trust me you will be surprised....It looks so much bigger. Let me know what you think..

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
Does your friend give discounts?? Ha Ha LOL!!:c
Yeah great question...:b

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I dont know how it can play any bigger with that small dial opening!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I dont know how it can play any bigger with that small dial opening!
Go to your Ad Ron and check it out...Its like night and day with the sub..This new watch has weight to it and stands tall like the Breitling. Pictures do no justice for this watch and looks much smaller on the computer.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I have too pick up a watch from Sam on Saturday I will take a look.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I have too pick up a watch from Sam on Saturday I will take a look.
The only downside to that watch is the bracelet. It tappers so much that it makes the case very top heavy...I dont get why they would make the bracelet like that but you will see it for your self and see what i am talking about. I also noticed a helium valve also on the side.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Not that I would buy another Rolex anyway, but Top heavy watches are a positive IMO! I like the feel of my SAS, Venom, SAN III's etc because they are a bit top heavy! This is one of the reasons I am so high on larger watches!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Not that I would buy another Rolex anyway, but Top heavy watches are a positive IMO! I like the feel of my SAS, Venom, SAN III's etc because they are a bit top heavy! This is one of the reasons I am so high on larger watches!
I agree with ya...I like them top heavy also as long as the bracelet can handle it. All of those watches you mentioned have beefy bracelets so it actually balances out quite nicely. The deep sea has such a tapered bracelet that it actually feels weird to me...maybe its just me but check it out and try it on and let me know what you think..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts