Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this about a week ago and I'm just stunned by the outward quality of this watch. Fit and finish on the case are excellent. The printing on the dial is crisp and clear and the hands surprisingly aren't just stamped but instead have a ridge down the center that causes them to reflect a flash of light as the watch is moved.

The movement is Seagulls ST17 automatic and in the last week has not moved from -4 seconds a day.

From what I've seen so far in the watch Seagull is way over delivering in this watch at this price point. If this is any indication of what this Chinese manufacturer produces I'm super impressed. Super super impressed.

As a side note.............. Strap is complete Sxxt

Registered
What's the pic? 馃槤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should add that if anyone is looking to pick one of these up be careful.

Believe it or not these are actually being counterfeited.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Meh, I covered all that ground before a I bought the watch.

The design goes a way back with many makers reusing/copying it. Rodina is just a current one that takes heat for what may be no other reason than its a Chinese company. The design has been carried forward almost unchanged for nearly 100 years including by Nomos who may have "borrowed" it from Stowa who may have "borrowed" it from Lange & Sohne. Then again if you look at the pictures. Maybe Nomos plain old copied the Lange & Sohne鈥...

Registered
Speaking on purely aesthetics alone, I think it's beautiful. Quite a lovely watch. Would I buy one? I'm not sure. Part of the hesitation is perhaps because it's a Chinese watch and I still harbor a few preconceived notions about Chinese watchmakers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some of those Rodina models have the Nomos name, on replicas, for the less scrupulous. I like the watches, but personally decided no.
This may sound odd but I believe those are counterfeits made from the counterfeits.

Someone is using counterfeit Rodina's to make counterfeit Nomo's鈥...Weird. The fake ones can also be purchased with "unbranded" dials that I presume are to help facilitate the unscrupulous.

Marine Tunnel Rat
What's the lug width for the strap size?

Marine Tunnel Rat
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.