Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

It doesn't even look like the same watch. Super job CJ. I didn't even know you could polish titanium to that gloss. Enjoy it Ron, it is really something special now....

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

dane1991 wrote:
wow! looks awesome, nothing like a well polished watch, im new here but ive learnt already that you guys love invicta watches!! i have two myself lol
No, we love watches. All kinds, all sizes, all shapes and all prices. :lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

dane1991 wrote:
wow! looks awesome, nothing like a well polished watch, im new here but ive learnt already that you guys love invicta watches!! i have two myself lol
Welcome to WF's. I think most of us have a few Invictas in our collections. I own 14 Invicta's. We look forward to more of your posts.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

So let me get this straight CJ. You polished the titanium finish to look like "polished" stainless steel?? WOW!!! "GAWGIZ"!!!

And Ron........... didn't know you had that piece Bro! Nice!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Arnie I just got it from Spaceview this week. I opened the box and my first thought was I wouldnt wear this watch, the way it sits. So I sent it to Charlie for a Polish Job so I think I can sport it now. That Matte finish just did nothing for me!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Holy Crap (as Peter Griffin would say)! :lol

I like that a lot! I think that makes the watch look even better than it already was.

CJ, you do great work . . . really, really great work!

Ron, you got a beautiful watch! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That completely looks like a different watch. I really love that look now. Great job again CJ.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Hey thanks again guys!!! Yeah Arnie, I knew ya could because I polished up a buddies ring a while back and it shined up resl nice. In this case I really wasn't sure because of the heavy matte finish. I suggested to Rip that I try it on one of the extra links...it turned out great so Rip decided on having the whole thing done. As you can see it took to polishing real well....There is a slight difference between the center links (ss) and the outer (titanium) but you can hardly tell. In fact the slight difference gives it some character. The case really surprised me. It was a dull textured gray that I thought at best the texture would come off...........guess not:bI really think the polish better compliments the meteorite and the polish bezel.

In picture 2 I left the case back in matte......looks cool!

Thanks again for the kind words!!:b

CJ

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

HOLY shinola Batman !!!!!!!!! THAT is gorgeous !!!!! You guys are going to be bad for my wallet,

.......(Wooops there is someone in the room who has been promised no more money on watch :maddor watch related things until FEB. )

UHHHH I mean a friend of my wallet, I mean a freind with his wallet . If say, I knew some one who has the exact same watch sitting right next to a, a. a. Blue and Gold auto SAS limited edition , cause he might have just taken it off for the evening, and say both these watches were say in his house in a warm and sunny State, and say this guy I know is envious as h_ _ _ and say he desires to have a similar thing done with my ,,, I mean HIS Limited Edition with Meteorite dial, dull, dreary, and bland as it is , . And lets pretend he knows a lot about computers but is a blithering idiot when dealing with Mechanical things and that if some one told him to polish the watch bracelet himself that he would probably sit there with the watch and a soft cloth for the rest of his natural born mortal life !!! Would he try to have this done at a jewelers of an auto body shop, and what would be a fair charge for a job like that??

Thanks
-Ed :b:b:b:b:b

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Thanks Ed! Sent you a PM........

CJ

maui_freek wrote:
HOLY shinola Batman !!!!!!!!! THAT is gorgeous !!!!! You guys are going to be bad for my wallet,

.......(Wooops there is someone in the room who has been promised no more money on watch :maddor watch related things until FEB. )

UHHHH I mean a friend of my wallet, I mean a freind with his wallet . If say, I knew some one who has the exact same watch sitting right next to a, a. a. Blue and Gold auto SAS limited edition , cause he might have just taken it off for the evening, and say both these watches were say in his house in a warm and sunny State, and say this guy I know is envious as h_ _ _ and say he desires to have a similar thing done with my ,,, I mean HIS Limited Edition with Meteorite dial, dull, dreary, and bland as it is , . And lets pretend he knows a lot about computers but is a blithering idiot when dealing with Mechanical things and that if some one told him to polish the watch bracelet himself that he would probably sit there with the watch and a soft cloth for the rest of his natural born mortal life !!! Would he try to have this done at a jewelers of an auto body shop, and what would be a fair charge for a job like that??

Thanks
-Ed :b:b:b:b:b

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Wow, CJ! That looks terrific! I have the sandstone version, so I'm very familiar with the watch and you did a really nice job. I'm not big on the all-polish, normally, but I do think that watch looks better than before.

My question is this: Isn't Titanium's finish matte because of natural oxidation and won't the watch need polishing regularly to keep the finish?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.