Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

To take some nice shots of your collection just get a cheap tripod, set up your shot and use the timer so the camera stays still.

I took this shot with a really cheap (around a $100) Pentax point and shoot using the macro focus setting.

You don't need to spend a bundle on a camera unless you want to.

Oh yeah, this was taken without the flash using a sixty watt desk lamp.LOL

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

[align=center]I'll trade you the good f--ing camera for that collection, then you can take great photos like these...[/align]
[align=center]Sorry, not trying to steal any of your thunder, that is a really impressive collection you have there Ron![/align]

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]

[/align]

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

That is a good photo of an awesome collection Ron, some very nice timepieces!. The tripod is a greatidea Toe. And a nice set of photosyou tookTera-Ram. Awesome lume shots too. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

GREAT PIC Ron and awesome to see you starting to post some pics of your awesome collection. I look forward to seeing more.

On the pictures - I typically take about 20 pics to get 4-6 that are any good. You will get better and definitely use the settings Current suggested!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
GREAT PIC Ron and awesome to see you starting to post some pics of your awesome collection. I look forward to seeing more.

On the pictures - I typically take about 20 pics to get 4-6 that are any good. You will get better and definitely use the settings Current suggested!
Here is the problem I am still using my Brothers POS camera. I will get one in due time I am sure!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Ron, you have seen some of my pics. I am using a $100 point and shoot inexpensive digital camera. Of course a more expensive camera would be better, but the reality is that if you play with different angles, AND LIGHTING, and/or get your self an inexpensive light box, you CAN TAKE great pics.

the pictures below were taking with my crappy camera and I just found a time of day, and location outside my house, where the light worked well without me doing anything. I turned off my flash, turned on the micro setting and got some good shots. But at a different time of day the sunlight at that location on my deck might be different and the shot not be any good. it is a lot of trial and error.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

TV I dont know that I will be that much into the whole Photo thing, but I will try a few things too make it a bit better anyways.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

What you may want to look for is a very small focal length in the macro lens, like .5" to 1.5" as closest you can get. Even if you right now feel that you don't want to take extreme close-ups, you may want to capture some of the details very close in the future.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Tera I dont even know what a freekin Macro is man. What in the hell are you talking about! My brother bought this camera about 6 yrs ago, so if the whole macro thing is new I doubt it has it!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

No, macro has been on cameras since way before digitals, it is your close-up mode some can get closer than others. .5 inch would be a very close macro focal length, that means you can focus even when you have the lens only a half inch away from the subject.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

The Rd Collection along with a couple others

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Ron,

Your title says "If you want some come get some". Does that apply to coming to your house and you giving me a few of your watches? Ha Ha LOL!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Ron,

Your title says "If you want some come get some". Does that apply to coming to your house and you giving me a few of your watches? Ha Ha LOL!!
I use too be able too Invite anyone over to get some watches, Zues wouldnt let you leave without removing some body part. But now Khan would do nothing more then too bark at you until you fed him! LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts