Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What is everyones opinion of the android revolver. For me the watch looks ok, the strap with the bullets in it is a bit much. Flat black strap would have been a better look. JMO.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

personally I think it is one of the dumbest looking watches I have ever seen. I thought that the day of the on air presentation also.

To me - it is almost a "goof" watch or a costume piece. I understand the actual watch has some nice components, but personally I can not get past the bullets on the band and the raised on the dial. Just my opinion.

Here are the posted watch stats -
Android Men's Revolver 48 Stainless Steel Leather Strap Watch Choices: Silver-tone, Gunmetal, or Black case
Lock and load! The Revolver 48 from Android takes aim with an inspired case shape based on the profile of a pistol's ammunition drum, in your choice of silver-tone, gunmetal, or black. Six silver-tone index markers at the odd hour positions on the black dial give the appearance of a loaded weapon.
The center of the dial features a cross hair target with the Android name written just above. Partially skeletonized silver-tone hour and minute hands and a red seconds hand accurately deliver the time provided by the reliable Miyota 2035 quartz movement. A black genuine leather strap with white contrast stitching features three silver-tone bullets on either side of the case and confidently secures with a brushed silver-tone buckle.
[*]Strap: Genuine leather [*]Movement: Japanese Miyota 2035 quartz [*]Crystal: Hardened mineral [*]Crown: Push/pull [*]Clasp: Buckle [*]Strap Measurements: 9-3/4" L x 22mm W [*]Case Measurements: 43mm [*]Water Resistance: 10 ATM - 100 meters - 330 feet [*]Model Numbers:
Black: AD435BKK
Gunmetal: AD435BGNK
Silver-tone: AD435BK [*]Warranty: Two year limited warranty by Android and free lifetime battery replacement. Additional Features: This watch comes with Android Watch Box & Android Warranty Leaflet.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

absolute gimmick watch to me, at any price point, it doesnt matter.

i bought a watch like this when i was 14, from a flee market, same style case, only mine had a revolver chamber cover and the band had the bullets in it..........and its immediatley what i thought of when i saw it.

to each their own, but it looks like something i would wear if i was dressing up like a biker for a costume party.....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

OK, can I be my honest self here?? This is the dumbest and most inane look for a watch that I have seen in some time! The strap is so outrageous that I can't even form words for it. Try getting thing thru security at the airport sometime! This is surely one of the worst watches made by Wing.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I also thought campy, childish looking and was not interested in the least.

Now, perhaps if I were a CCW permit holder I would feel different.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Stupid. Couldn't believe the hype on this watch when I first heard about it. Strap is ridiculous. Not for me.

With that being said some may actually love the novelty of this style. To each their own.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
personally I think it is one of the dumbest looking watches I have ever seen. I thought that the day of the on air presentation also.

To me - it is almost a "goof" watch or a costume piece. I understand the actual watch has some nice components, but personally I can not get past the bullets on the band and the raised on the dial. Just my opinion.
Amen! Every time I was about to say something similar somewhere else I stopped myself thinking I did not need the hassle.
Granted, some like it and more power to them. I know that I have a few watches that many think are strange to downright ugly.....but I still like them:q

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

sale price is $89 on this watch. i can only see hard core collectors buying it to have it in some watch box somewhere for show. no one is actually going to wear that.
and lets be honest, if you were a "biker" or bar room tough guy, you would get laughed at wearing that. someone above said it looked like a watch they had when they were a kid. i remember those watches with bullets on them. there were also belt buckles, etc - I believe they were sold at the state fair, lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

watchcollector1968 wrote:
Im a gun guy...but that strap has got to go. The watch itself is ok though.
I think the strap is the big issue for most people who dislike the watch. I bet on a bracelet it is a completely different watch.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

its a shame as Wing is an excellent designer but this one was definitely a strike out!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
imported post

Not my style at all..design is all about trying different things. just too extreme I guess

I would never wear this watch, just would be a conversation piece..:?

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

Sorry you all feel that way.

I now have more than 100+ watches in my collection. It has a time and place on the wrist. I put mine on and just loved the feel. I will wear it at gun shows and any outdoor event that is gun or knife related. I own more that 200 straight blades and tactical folders from many different vendors. At a knife sale or show, it will be a great people stopper.

Carl

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

TheWatchGeek wrote:

I now have more than 100+ watches in my collection. It has a time and place on the wrist. I put mine on and just loved the feel. I will wear it at gun shows and any outdoor event that is gun or knife related. I own more that 200 straight blades and tactical folders from many different vendors. At a knife sale or show, it will be a great people stopper.

Carl
I was wondering when someone would post that they liked it!

Post a pic Carl!

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
TheWatchGeek wrote:

Carl
I was wondering when someone would post that they liked it!

Post a pic Carl!
I would be interested in seeing a picture also. I have not passed judgment yet because I just have not seen it in person to date.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

You know I wouldnt wear it, but the bottom line is I wouldnt wear a lot of watches. I think Wing's brain is so complexed, that sometimes he might go too far. But hey it sold quick, I am sure he will sell more. Do I think it is Stupid No not at all, do I think that it isnt for me your damn right. But I will tell you this I would wear that watch before I would wear those Pink leathers I am now so famous for! LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts