Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Wondering if others have returned or sent in for repair this watch because the Day does not end up level when it changes. On mine it seems like every other day is correct! Tech Support said to send it in and they would "recalibrate it", but of course 6 weeks..they admitted receiving the same complaint earlier in the day;;and another in the reviews has stated that on ShopNBC>>..I think I will keep it, but certainly shows that RESERVE does NOT mean the Greats of Invicta build this watch or it would not be a common problem. The power reserve and alrm are really small also; glad I am not 75 or have bad eyesight!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

First I have heard of that problem with that watch, but not the first time I have heard that a watch that was sent by truck and airplane shipping and bounced around in a tiny box needed to be recalibrated...

I have said time and time again that the presentation boxes they ship the watches in ARE NOT MADE TO BE MAILED like they are. You normally see these watches in a store and you take that watch home with you - not ship it around the world to your house. Almost every watch I have received in the mail from the Shop or the other daily deal sites, or Amazon for that matter - has moved around during shipping. I can't imagine how much of a beating they take in the box before they ever get to us.

This has been one of my big complaints for a while.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Keep your tags and receipt handy... You have 'til 1.31.2010 to return it, just in case.

I wouldn't CONSIDER Invicta repair during the return period, but that's me. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
imported post

Hey TV..I have a curious question...How do brick and mortar stores receive their inventory? I would imagine the same way. I know they don't have thousands of watches arriving all at once but I would guess they have their people inspect them and calibrate them if all possible. The last 3 Seikos I purchased online came in the usual watch type boxes and all were just fine. All the day/dates in the windows line up perfectly and so forth. Is this just an Invicta thing? I have Renatos, Androids and one Sturling and all are perfect in that aspect. The only ones that don't always line up are my Invictas.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

rap31264 wrote:
Hey TV..I have a curious question...How do brick and mortar stores receive their inventory? I would imagine the same way. I know they don't have thousands of watches arriving all at once but I would guess they have their people inspect them and calibrate them if all possible. The last 3 Seikos I purchased online came in the usual watch type boxes and all were just fine. All the day/dates in the windows line up perfectly and so forth. Is this just an Invicta thing? I have Renatos, Androids and one Sturling and all are perfect in that aspect. The only ones that don't always line up are my Invictas.
I think that is exactly correct. The normal store in the mall receives their watches and then INSPECTS THEM BEFORE putting them in the display case. Remember the watches in the display case normally do not have the box right there. the box is underneath the counter somewhere and is brought out when you buy. They don't put it in the case if they see an OBVIOUSLY broken clasp (like the croton I received) or a broken hand like yours. If it is broken or damaged - it goes back for a replacement BEFORE being put out for sale.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

rap31264 wrote:
It's an Invicta thing. Sorry just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
rap31264 wrote:
It's an Invicta thing. Sorry just my 2 cents.
I would agree with you but I have had other watches arrive literally out of their cases. My first Stuhrling was upside down and completely OFF the pillow. Luckily it was fine, but obviously anything could have happened during delivery where it obviously got really bounced around. My Invicta Pro Diver from Amazon came in a box without a cleaning cloth and upside down in the box. Literally crown down. I was shocked, but again, watch was fine so I lived with it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Reserve line watches are individually inspected by Invicta before leaving their factory. A hand checked card is included with the ppwk. Alot of this is due to mishandling by shippers who treat every package like airline baggage handlers. The new pillows and boxes do make it more secure, but when the package (individual watches, not the mass shipment to SNBC) is thrown around like they are by the shippers it easy to see how something can occur.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
Reserve line watches are individually inspected by Invicta before leaving their factory. A hand checked card is included with the ppwk. Alot of this is due to mishandling by shippers who treat every package like airline baggage handlers. The new pillows and boxes do make it more secure, but when the package (individual watches, not the mass shipment to SNBC) is thrown around like they are by the shippers it easy to see how something can occur.
I have the iinspection sheet from mine, and they obviously did NOT notice that the Days were crooked on 4 of 7 days,,,,,I am returning for replacement to Shop...

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

Its not just Invicta.I've had new Quartz omega Seamasters arrive from the ad with screwed up date windows, bad crowns.Some of this is how its shipped, some its just bad watches being shipped.The card from invicta saying its been inspected? I doubt it.The reserve line is just a name.There not made to a higher standard than most of there other watches.Thats just marketing hype.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

do you really believe that nonsense??? Really? I have seen sooo many reported issues on reserve line pieces as I also have had 3 defects myself....its just gimmick, nothing more..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

I guess the problem is pretty widespread from the reviews on the shop website;alot of returns; and I think soome may have not noticed it if it came on a day where it was straight; and may return before Jan 31st,,,,I am curious if they will replace mine, or credit me. I wonder if they will run the item again during the massive clearance programs right at Xmas and after..... :b

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Sorry you got a bad one man, I wouldnt listen to the people that bad mouth Invicta though. Personally I own over 30 of them and over 50 Invicta's and purchased well over a 100 and have yet to recieve a bad one. But yet there are certain people with zero documentation or pictures too back up the claims that they have only ever recieved $hit from Invicta. I hope you get a crack at another if it is a watch too your liking!

P.S. I dont think Invicta made the movement they just didnt catch the flaw as did the movement MFG. So really who is too blame?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Sorry you got a bad one man, I wouldnt listen to the people that bad mouth Invicta though. Personally I own over 30 of them and over 50 Invicta's and purchased well over a 100 and have yet to recieve a bad one. But yet there are certain people with zero documentation or pictures too back up the claims that they have only ever recieved $hit from Invicta. I hope you get a crack at another if it is a watch too your liking!

P.S. I dont think Invicta made the movement they just didnt catch the flaw as did the movement MFG. So really who is too blame?
Yes,so true; for some reason Invicta started using alot of ISA movements late in 09, and I think this one just did not get calibrated right. I think it could even be just ONE color, but no reviewers ever say what color they got. I got the Rosegold. They have it back today, and waiting to see if they reship, or credit me because of a continuing problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.