Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There's another 40 minutes to get in on this deal... It's an invitation only site, but you can get in with my invite, if you want. Here's the link: http://www.giltman.com/invite/davidargabright

I ordered the Reserve Lupah last night for $239. They have meteorite AND sandstone (I picked the latter) There's a whole huge thread about this and how PO'ed the people that Paid $750 at another site...

I loved the watch when it aired, but like the SAS, it was too much $$$ for me to justify. $239 ISN'T. I'm stoked. Hopefully it all works out, but the last few weeks has proved the philosophy of waiting for huge price reductions on Invictas as being the best way to buy 'em. I still (apparently) like Invicta watches, but I have always thought that retail was for suckers (blunt, I know, sorry).

I think Invicta is basically a fashion watch, but they do have some very cool designs. My SAS, Subaquas, Sea Vulture and Russian Divers get compliments whenever I wear them and they are fun, substantial and a good value, based on what I paid.

Anyone else get in on this deal?

David
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

Very interesting. Don't really care for the Lupah but that is a real good price compared to the shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
imported post

You got yourself an excellent deal there David and congrats. I certainly paid more but whatcha gonna do?! Enjoy it my man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,836 Posts
imported post

thank youdavid, i have dragon lupahs, grand dragons and a few other lupahs in my collection. i used your invite and purchased the sandstone lupah. this will be my first titanium, sandstone and reserve invicta in my collection. thank you again for the information and invite to gilt. this reserve lupah will be a nice addition to my collection of lupahs. ....bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Bob wrote:
thank youdavid, i have dragon lupahs, grand dragons and a few other lupahs in my collection. i used your invite and purchased the sandstone lupah. this will be my first titanium, sandstone and reserve invicta in my collection. thank you again for the information and invite to gilt. this reserve lupah will be a nice addition to my collection of lupahs. ....bob
Cool Bob! I'm glad you got one too. I was so conflicted. I REALLY wanted the watch BADLY. Power reserve on an automatic is such a rare and cool complication and the design is so futuristic, especially with sandstone dial. The $750 just wasn't working for me. I expected them to come down a bit more when some bouncebacks became available on this last Invicta event, but the GILT deal is a mind-blower!

Hopefully everything works out fine on this one.

That makes two SMOKIN' deals on Invicta's highest-end (an oxymoron, LOL) peices in the last couple of weeks. I snagged the SAS for $448 two-tone and now this one. Cool. I think it's gonna take a very rare situation for me to buy a watch on SHopNBC when it first rolls out. I'll miss a few, but the ones I get, if I wait) will be a lot better deal.

Bob, please post yours when it arrives and I'll do the same.

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
imported post

Hey Bob, congrats for getting in on this deal. Thanks for giving the Freeks the opportunity to rake advantage of it David.

As far as being the first to own the next hot thing from the "I', yeah- not so much anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
imported post

Congrats to all who got one of these.

I signed up, but decided against getting one. I love the sandstone, but I also knew that the watch wouldn't get much wrist time. I'm already selling/trading watches that I don't wear now . . . I can't see adding another one. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,288 Posts
imported post

DANG!!!! Can't believe I missed this thread!!! I've got the Sandstone (at $750... dang again!!) and would'a loved to have the Meteorite as well........ especially for that price. Unfreegin real!!! Think I'm kinda pissed my self!! Should'a, would'a, could'a. If only! Guess .... "It is what it is".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
DANG!!!! Can't believe I missed this thread!!! I've got the Sandstone (at $750... dang again!!) and would'a loved to have the Meteorite as well........ especially for that price. Unfreegin real!!! Think I'm kinda pissed my self!! Should'a, would'a, could'a. If only! Guess .... "It is what it is".
you need to spend more time on this site Arnie, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,288 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
DANG!!!! Can't believe I missed this thread!!! I've got the Sandstone (at $750... dang again!!) and would'a loved to have the Meteorite as well........ especially for that price. Unfreegin real!!! Think I'm kinda pissed my self!! Should'a, would'a, could'a. If only! Guess .... "It is what it is".
you need to spend more time on this site Arnie, lol
I was on both last night James. Got tired and called it a night without noticing this thread. Just kick me in the azz!! Shew! What a deal!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
imported post

This goes back to a point I have made for years......PAY TO PLAY....You want an invicta hen its fairly new to market? YOu pay, Then a month later its at a blowout price all over the place.....NO VALUE HELD WHATSOEVER......

I dont buy based on holding value purely, but I do want to ensure that if i want to flip a watch that i wont get burned down the road......With invicta you can be sure you will get burned if you sell it.....Kinda like my SAN3 7750 i got for $650 when most other paid over a grand or more.......Just not right for early adopters.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

Let's keep this thread on track for the OP-argabright who ordered a new watch!

I am looking forward to seeing the pics when it arrives! Congrats again on your purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
imported post

oh dont get me wrong its a sweet lookin watch, im just saying he got a smokin deal which is great....just other who paid 750 a few weeks ago might feel somewhat perturbed....CONGRATS ON THE SNAG OF ALL SNAGS
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

I tried to look at this deal and I must have missed it by minutes last night. Is this an automatic version that sold for $750 when it first debuted? I would like a Lupah with an automatic movement in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I tried to look at this deal and I must have missed it by minutes last night. Is this an automatic version that sold for $750 when it first debuted? I would like a Lupah with an automatic movement in it.
That's it Rob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I don't consider the thread hijacked at all!

I'm a bottom-feeder and I readily admit it, LOL.

I'm GLAD I paid $448 for my two-tone SAS and $239 for my AUTOMATIC, POWER-RESERVE, LE, Reserve Lupah!

Makes me feel like a KING! Sorry for all who feel somehow slighted by price reductions, but I guess we ALL know how the game is played and early adopters of Invicta's new designs DEFINITELY PAY for the priveledge of being early.

I am so far behind the curve, having started just this summer, that just about EVERYTHING is new to me. I DID see the broadcast when this came out and I REALLY wanted it, but even with VP, couldn't get it. I'm super glad I got it now. Almost makes up for missing the $249 SCHNOOP Accutron Diver, LOL!

David
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top