1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I always liked her ...

------------------

Brittany Murphy has died, according to the gossip Web site TMZ.com.

The actress was 32 and went into full cardiac arrest, sources told the Web site.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said they received a 911 call from a home in Los Angeles that belonged to Murphy's husband Simon Monjack, the site reported.
The star of "Clueless" and "8 Mile" was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival, according to TMZ.
Murphy got her first job in Hollywood at the age of 14, when she starred as Brenda Drexell in the series "Drexel's Class."
She then went on to guest star on television series such as "Blossom" and "Frasier."

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

It's too bad, but she was a major drug addict and unfortunately this is what happens when you don't take care of yourself. My prayers go out to her family. This is never easy. My older brother died the same way at about the same age.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Terrible....these celebs have to lay off that deadly concoction...mixing anti depressants and pain killers...It stops the heart....when are they going to wake up...R.I.P and my condolences to her family. I lost my first cousin the same way and they just dont think it can happen to them.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

Everyone thinks it was drugs, eh ?...She was known to have a serious eating disorder too & I won't be surprised to hear that played a role in her death...On a good day, bulimia causes an irregular heartbeat, on a bad day, it can bring on cardiac arrest.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Either way (drugs, eating disorder, other) it is sad that somebody so young passes at the tender age of 32.

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Very sad, indeed. Interesting that her husband didn't want an autopsy, though. Maybe she was sick for awhile (like you said, Duchess), so he knew the cause. Very sad, regardless. Way too young.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

I'm afraid I'm showing my age because when I first read about this I had never heard of her. I have since read of the limited movies she had a chance to be in - it is always sad when someone this young dies, no matter who they might be. I hope they are able to find the cause - very sad indeed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . very,very sad. The artistic temperment lends itself to this type of tragedy all too often. I enjoyed her in a number of films. She played dark roles really well . . . too well this time.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

Five months after the death of actress Brittany Murphy, her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, was found dead Sunday night in the couple's Hollywood home, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

Monjack, 39, was pronounced dead after the Los Angeles Fire Department was called to the residence for a medical emergency, say authorities. Police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano said the preliminary cause of death was natural causes, but investigators remained at the scene.

Law enforcement sources told the Hollywood Reporter that Brittany's mother, Sharon, discovered Monjack around 9:30, unresponsive, and called 911.

Murphy, 32, died in December due to pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication. The couple, who married in 2007, had no children.

After Murphy's death, a Los Angeles coroner official, Assistant Chief Ed Winter, told PEOPLE: "This death could've been preventable. Murphy was planning on seeing a doctor, but she unfortunately passed away before she did. This was a case of a person with pneumonia who was anemic [having a low blood count] who was taking medication when she should've been getting medical treatment."

In an interview with PEOPLE in January, Monjack maintained that his wife had visited a doctor. "I took very good care of my wife ... She was on an antibiotic and she was taking cough medicine and doing all the right things," he said.

Regarding concern from Murphy's friends that Monjack should be investigated, Winter said: "He was never considered a suspect. No one's criminally liable here because this has been ruled an accident."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.