Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vintage Oris stainless steel pendant watch that used to belong to my grandmother. It still winds and ticks. The second hand moves. Unfortunately, when I try to set the watch, the hands stick at about 11:55. Is there an easy fix? I found the Oris service center for the USA and have emailed them.
I have jeweler skills so may be able to handle a simple repair on my own. I uploaded the photo here and it's also on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/knitsteel/12462295413/

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
I would take it to a local watchmaker and have them give you an estimate. Probably just needs a thorough cleaning / oiling. $75-80.
By the way Kirsten..that is a very fine looking example of a time gone by. It would be worth it TO ME to have it looked at and fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to a local shop, only one that will even look at mechanical watches, and she said she can't get parts for it so can't fix it. The Oris authorized service center watchmaker.com said the same thing via email though they haven't looked at it. I was hoping for a simple clean, oil and adjust as well.
Is this something I could attempt, after watching multiple youtube vids?
I can't really see what's causing the hands to jam by looking at the open back.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts