Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

posted on another forum - a statement made by Daniel about Renato's "limited run" watch models.

Replying to points raised about ongoing production of our Limited Edition watches; let me outline Renato’s position and provide an explanation.

Within the framework of our marketing contracts with ShopNBC, and being exclusive to the network, agreements were set that allowed us to introduce one subsequent edition of specific limited models that have sold out due to overwhelming market response. These additional runs are numbered sequentially, and the new runs continue above the edition numbers on the first issue. If you have purchased watch #40 of 100, the following edition will indicate the unit number above the initial run. Original run numbering WILL NOT be duplicated.

On other models in the line, we have made variations in the movements and/or dial material that in fact qualify the watch as a separate edition.

I apologize if this has upset some of our loyal customers. The quality and value of our line remains at the highest standards of the industry and I stand behind our products. Our Customer Service has been noted as exceptional by many members of this Forum, and I apologize for any confusion that this has caused.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I just read the pages and pages of upset customers posting on another forum about this.

Bottom line seems to be the following

BUYER MUST NOW KNOW AND BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING - If you buy a "limited edition" Renato - you now know in advance from the Renato boss himself, that there may be ANOTHER run of the same watches made. That simple. You now know this so buy with caution if you are buying a limited edition watch for exclusivity of the model, there may be more then initially advertised down the line.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

to me the key is "variations" - other brands have done this as well -not gonna name any but you know what i mean

basically IMHO i dont beleive the TV watches should be considered a "value" purchase -meaning if you're looking to retain or increase your value for trade/sale purposes in the future - you are not likely gonna get that from a TV brand - I'm not saying this is a negative -

as for me i personally dont like Renato much -there are a few i have liked -but i dont own any or see buying any anytime soon - i certainly wouldnt buy one for the ltd ed / ltd prod aspect of it

again JMHO

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

He's written this same thing in the past.

I have no personal qualms about Renato (except for a broken crown on my Wilde-Beast, which I then destroyed, trying to fix :lol ), but I personally do not trust what he says . . . it changes.:pk

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Actually I find it a bit humorous that it's an issue at all. A limited edition Renato has no meaning or value in the grand scheme of watch collecting. It only matters to a small number of "TV collectors" at various watch forums.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I agree with you CJ, but the point is that they have really upset a lot of people. Why state it is a "limited edition" anything and how "valuable" and "exclusive" their watch will be when selling it, only to possible and probably be completely untrue in the end.
Renato has made a point to PUSH this "limited edition runs" with MANY of their models. They push and push and push it on every show. I believe that is the problem right now they are facing.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

this has been an issue for a LONG TIME with Renato - i think it was the key in them leaving shopnbc in the first place

it is Shady at best -but in defense of Renato -Variations are variations - other folks do the SAME EXACT thing and nobody seems to ***** about them -as a matter of fact- they love "THEM" -next best thing to peanut butter!!!

if the hype would stop on all sides and 3 things were taken into consideration we would all be better off:

1 -Design of watch/case/dial

2- movement

3- price

end of story

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Understood James and clearly not making light of anyone that is disgruntled, they have every reason to be upset. My point is more in line with your first response in that one should really know who and what they are dealing with. The SNBC brands are notorious for like issues whether it be Renato, Invicta, etc.

CJ

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

BUYER MUST NOW KNOW AND BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING - If you buy a "limited edition" Renato - you now know in advance from the Renato boss himself, that there may be ANOTHER run of the same watches made. That simple. You now know this so buy with caution if you are buying a limited edition watch for exclusivity of the model, there may be more then initially advertised down the line.

Maybe this could be included on all Renato packing, and as a "graphic" on ShopNBC when the watches are being shown. :wf

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I dont see the trouble actally, it is limited "To how ever many we want to build"! I never understood the limited edition deal anyways, what are they worth?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Eric - tell us how you really feel????? :%

ericf4 wrote:
on a tv brand i dont thin LE is worth anything.....i buy cuz i like not cuz the LE....That said, renato is full of crap when it comes to their games with LE..

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I dont see the trouble actally, it is limited "To how ever many we want to build"! I never understood the limited edition deal anyways, what are they worth?
I guess Ron that depends on the demand. If it is truly a limited edition model (from any brand) and there are only 50 or 100 made, and A LOT of people want them, then the value will be very high. Like any collectable.

But if a few months later the company that sold them initially as valuable and "limited edition" then comes out with " a few more " and another run of the same model with additional numbers, then you have effectively eliminated any of the initial value.

I know you understand all of this so I am not explaining anything you don't know, but I think ultimately it is a trust issue.

If you can't say "limited edition" honestly, then why say it at all initially??

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TV agree'd accept for one thing which I think you missed (Any company that has questionable business ethics) Will never produce anything of real value!

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I guess Ron that depends on the demand. If it is truly a limited edition model (from any brand) and there are only 50 or 100 made, and A LOT of people want them, then the value will be very high. Like any collectable.

But if a few months later the company that sold them initially as valuable and "limited edition" then comes out with " a few more " and another run of the same model with additional numbers, then you have effectively eliminated any of the initial value.

I know you understand all of this so I am not explaining anything you don't know, but I think ultimately it is a trust issue.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

all of these increased in value and none of these companies made more than was printed on the caseback.doesn't matter that renato is a tv brand.people spent more on a watch thinking it was really limited and found out that its not.

this one here sold for 325.00. it now sells for 475.00.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

And that's the issue.......how many times have we had to question something said, a policy, advertisement, CS, price guarantee, etc. with Shop and their clients? Way too many....know who and what you are dealing with. I choose to still do business with the a fore mentioned but I am fully aware of what I am dealing with and am rarely surprised.
You wanna swim with sharks? Know the hazards first and than make your decision.

I feel bad for the first time customers that assume that all is fare and everything they are being told is true. Just my opinion.......fire away.

CJ

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
not when your watch says LE1/40 it isnt! You would think there are only going to be 40 made!! Now limited production is a whole other ball game, it can go on forever! Just another brand lying on shopnbc to generate sales! It's fine and dandy now but what about all who got sucked in before, thinking they were just a little bit special!! when you used to hear JS Omega bond LE made 10,007 pieces and we made 40 so who is the real LE!! first off omega can sale all their pieces and arent going to make anymore! It all comes down to do you trust who you're buying from and for my money renato and shopnbc the answer is no!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

dedward wrote:

all of these increased in value and none of these companies made more than was printed on the caseback.doesn't matter that renato is a tv brand.people spent more on a watch thinking it was really limited and found out that its not.

this one here sold for 325.00. it now sells for 475.00.
Amen brother, amen!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

MY DAD ALWAYS SAID - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

it's true - if you ACTUALLY think you are getting a LTD ED (special) WATCH

for less than it's apparent VALUE

then you have to start questioning whether or not that APPARENT VALUE is true or not

I'm sorry for anyone that has gotten burned by this but ......BUYER BEWARE!!!

i guess this is why some collectors eventually move on from the TV brands to the higher end stuff - to retain our APPARANT value!!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.