Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

Congrats, CT. Love that color combo. On the SS bracelet it looks fantastic. Wear it in great health my friend.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Agreed, big time congrats CT.....blue/gold combo one of my all time favorites (so much so I have 6 different watches with that combo)!!

mikeizzy wrote:
Congrats, CT. Love that color combo. On the SS bracelet it looks fantastic. Wear it in great health my friend.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I certainly like your pics better than the pics on Shop. Very nice looking piece Rick. I snagged one for the Mrs. for a Christmas gift. I think I'm going to grab another one for the father-in-law.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Very nice C! You can't beat blue and gold as a color combo! Nice looking and wear that beauty in good health!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

BTW:

The case back states that the movement(s) are Ronda caliber 763.

Go to Ronda's website, and you'll see that there's no 763.

Also ShopNBC lists the movements as Ronda 1069 and 762 (which both are on their website).

However, since the 1069 uses an off-set seconds hand, I highly doubt that Renato used the 1069.

My assumption all along is that there are 2, 762 movements in this watch.

I'd open up the watch, but the last Renato watch that I opened up . . . I broke it.
:)

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Your pics of this watch certainly make the piece look a lot nicer then when this aired as the OTV. I stand corrected from some of my previous posts about this watch. I actually like it now. Maybe I will have to pick one up. I don't own any Renato's yet.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Man...I hate to show my age....but the only thing I can think to say about this watch is....

Gooooooooolllllyyyyyyyy.....

Did my best Gomer Pyle impersonation there!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

great pictures. you make the watch look better then I have seen it presented anywhere before.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Thanks, James. I appreciate that! :)

Today was fun. Giddy about getting the watch . . . then when the camera came out, the world disappeared for about 3-4 hours. It was very rewarding! :)

This timepiece is a lot better than I expected . . . seriously better! Much better quality than the Wilde-Beast OTV from May '08. The verdict is still out on my getting used to these 2 movements (first watch in a while where the type of movement wasn't the priority), but the dial layout is very funky and original. There's so much to see in the dial alone (layers and textures)! It's like it's own universe in there! :)

Just a sweet watch!

TVDinner wrote:
great pictures. you make the watch look better then I have seen it presented anywhere before.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

great looking! i bought the two tone and the black one too. they are due to arrive tomorrow. the movements are not the best as one is $6.95 and the other is $12.95 but factor in the 25pts of diamonds and the great look and the price is good. i think they will be keepers. again nice score and enjoy them..rob

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Truth be told, according the the case back on the watch, the movements are caliber 763, which is a discontinued 1-Jewel Ronda movement. You can get each movement for $4.25, retail ($9.50 per watch). I'm sure that Daniel got a hold of a large batch of these for the OTV.

If you bought this watch for the movement(s) (not the dual-time concept), you will be disappointed. If not, it's a well-built, really cool looking watch!

Love My Wristwear wrote:
great looking! i bought the two tone and the black one too. they are due to arrive tomorrow. the movements are not the best as one is $6.95 and the other is $12.95 but factor in the 25pts of diamonds and the great look and the price is good. i think they will be keepers. again nice score and enjoy them..rob

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Beautiful watch, Congrats. i think Renato really stepped up to the plate with this one, letting some other companies know there not the only one to have a great OTV, I love this watch and hope that Renato continues to make great watches like this one, Congrats again CT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts