Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Always wanted one of these and at this price and specs I couldn't pass it up. I also get one of my favorite dial colors. Not going to get a Stuhrling later this week but I think I picked up a better quality watch anyhow. Thanks for looking.

[*]Bracelet: Stainless steel [*]Movement: Swiss ETA 251.272 quartz chronograph [*]Crystal: Sapphire [*]Crown: Screw down w/ function pushers [*]Clasp: Push button dual deployant [*]Bracelet Measurements: 9" L x 32mm W [*]Case Measurements: 44mm [*]Water Resistance: 30 ATM - 300 meters - 990 feet

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Bounced this sucker around all day long. Did I want this or did I want a Stuhrling. Well if the Stuhrling was on a bracelet and had a better movement imo I may have held off but this yellow dial and movement at under $300 seemed to be a winner. Thanks bud.

TVDinner wrote:
CONGRATS Mike. wear it well.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Rob I was thinking about that one too. I just wanted to stay under $300 which blows my spending money for the rest of this month probably. I have always wanted a Vulcan and a Cyclops now all I have to do is grab a Vulcan sometime.

If you can scratch it out the auto Cyclops would be a nice pick up.

Watchguru58 wrote:
Very nice watch Mike. I would like to pick the cyclops up with the ETA 2824-2.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

That is a gorgeous Renato! Congrats Mike, I like the color too. Enjoy it and wear it in good health. ....Bob

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Rob I was thinking about that one too. I just wanted to stay under $300 which blows my spending money for the rest of this month probably. I have always wanted a Vulcan and a Cyclops now all I have to do is grab a Vulcan sometime.

If you can scratch it out the auto Cyclops would be a nice pick up.

Watchguru58 wrote:
Very nice watch Mike. I would like to pick the cyclops up with the ETA 2824-2.
Luckily the Cyclops automatic sold out so I'm safe Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I think you bought the right watch. If I wasn't flat busted, that's the one I would have gotten (probably salmon, I don't have a salmon yet)>

I think you'll like it a lot. Is that your first 2824-2? If so, you are in for a TREAT. It's a GREAT movement. Butter smooth sweep.

Congrats!

David

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I actually purchased the ETA 251. I didn't have enough funding for the 2824 auto. I don't have the ETA 251 in my collection currently......well I guess I do now.

argabright wrote:
I think you bought the right watch. If I wasn't flat busted, that's the one I would have gotten (probably salmon, I don't have a salmon yet)>

I think you'll like it a lot. Is that your first 2824-2? If so, you are in for a TREAT. It's a GREAT movement. Butter smooth sweep.

Congrats!

David

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
imported post

Renato...there is nothing sweeter then a Renato with a Yellow dial.

Oops, I'm mistaken there is nothing sweeter then a Renato with a Blue dial.
Yellow is second!

Oops, I'm mistaken again. After the Blue dial comes the Brown dial.
Yellow is third!

Oh heck, really cool watch. :%:%

1 - 11 of 11 Posts