Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Have purchased over 10 Renato watches over last 2 years and have question on battery life in them. Of the 10 watches ( all quartz) I have had 5 stop working due to dead batteries in them. I am not running the chronograph feature while storing them, so my question to others is if they have had same problem. Also not sure if I want to send 5 back at one time to Renato for battery replacement. Any comments?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Sorry that this is happeneing to you. :(

I've owned 6 Renato watches and haven't had a dead battery issue yet, so I can't speak to your experience.

If it were me . . . I'd call Renato . . . tell them what has occurred, and see if they will work out a deal (since this seems like an unusual event). Even if they perform a "free" battery change (I don't know their policy on battery changes), maybe they can send you a pre-paid label or make some other concession for your troubled.

In any event . . . good luck! :)

·
Super Freak
4,831 Posts
imported post

I have quite a few Renato's and I have only had to replace three batteries so far. These were on watches that I had over 4 years. The batteries seem to last quite a while. I do not recommend sending them back to Renato as they don't require them to be sent back. If you don't know how to change the battery, very easy, just take them to a local jeweler.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

My original trex battery died so i had it replaced..I believe this watch was 3 years old....turned out it was not the battery it was the movement. Sent it back to Renato the movement was dead. They replaced it and sent it back to me next day air free of charge. Turn around time was only 2 weeks...Thats customer service for ya...Some other brands to take note...Good luck and its only a battery.

·
Super Freak
4,831 Posts
imported post

WatchSnobJack wrote:
My original trex battery died so i had it replaced..I believe this watch was 3 years old....turned out it was not the battery it was the movement. Sent it back to Renato the movement was dead. They replaced it and sent it back to me next day air free of charge. Turn around time was only 2 weeks...Thats customer service for ya...Some other brands to take note...Good luck and its only a battery.
Now that is really cool. Like I always say you got to love renato! Two weeks turn around time, kinda makes you wonder why we bother with Swiss Made watches. Lol

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

I also have several Renatos and I have had to replace the batteries on some of them after about three years. If your's died sooner than that, you probably bought an older model that was sitting in the warehouse for a while.

I had the batteries replaced by my jeweler, but once the seal was broken the water resistence was lost. It cost approximately $25 each to have them resealed and pressure tested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.