Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The screw for adjustment spins to plus or minus, but the loss remains the same at 346 spd, and error at 1.0 ms (error I can deal with by the push lever). How do I adjust this in case the screw is not correcting the hair spring? Just got this watch back from the RW service after I failed a YouTube mod attempt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The screw for adjustment spins to plus or minus, but the loss remains the same at 346 spd, and error at 1.0 ms (error I can deal with by the push lever). How do I adjust this in case the screw is not correcting the hair spring? Just got this watch back from the RW service after I failed a YouTube mod attempt.
I took a toothpick and regulated the levers manually, since the screw is not working the levers, now error is at 0.5 ms ( I can make it less), but the other lever for is under the movement now hard to catch with +54 spd, better than -346 spd and 1.6 ms error.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Well I’m pretending I understand all of this LA. 😄😊

But the toothpick thing sounds ingenious if you
ask me. (y)(y)😀 Maybe someone else has an
idea, or two to help you out as well with this. 😉

In any case, really appreciate the post !

·
Aspiring Expert
2,093 Posts
"but the other lever for is under the movement" I'm sorry but this makes no sense as all adjustments should be on one side? I would need to see it to give you any advice? can you take a good picture that shows what you are talking about?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
"but the other lever for is under the movement" I'm sorry but this makes no sense as all adjustments should be on one side? I would need to see it to give you any advice? can you take a good picture that shows what you are talking about?
Hello Accutronitis,
This part of the forum is not allowing me to share pictures. But I'll find hyperlinks for this.

Here you will find the screw on the bridge for +/- with a few turn points. The error lever is out there as a push pin type, look at the end of the bridge towards the rotor's central screw, here is the time speed pin (yellow gold color).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I’m pretending I understand all of this LA. 😄😊

But the toothpick thing sounds ingenious if you
ask me. (y)(y)😀 Maybe someone else has an
idea, or two to help you out as well with this. 😉

In any case, really appreciate the post !
As usual AtomicTom, 2 levers for the hair spring correction. But it's a better design in comparison to my seikos, Swiss designs take human error in to account and design parts. Here unfortunately, the screw to move the lever is not functioning.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, was the screw like that after getting the watch back from a RW service?
Indeed. It was exactly as I had left it before the service, dead centre. But as soon as I hooked it up to the pc for a graph, it showed -346 spd, and 1.6 ms beat error. So I went for the pin lever to correct the beat and screw to fix the seconds. However the screw regardless of which way I turned it showed -346 spd, beat corrected to 0.1 ms. I had no choice but to find the other lever and push it with a toothpick. Since I can't pull the lever without unscrewing the rotor and bridge, I've left it at +54 spd. I can live with this.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
As usual AtomicTom, 2 levers for the hair spring correction. But it's a better design in comparison to my seikos, Swiss designs take human error in to account and design parts. Here unfortunately, the screw to move the lever is not functioning.
😉Ah, I see now, and get it. Thank you so much for the
phenomenal lesson here ! (y)(y) Man oh man, am always
learning something new every single day with this hobby. 😲

Thank you once again !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
😉Ah, I see now, and get it. Thank you so much for the
phenomenal lesson here ! (y)(y) Man oh man, am always
learning something new every single day with this hobby. 😲

Thank you once again !
You're welcome. God willing there, all of you here are guiding us amateurs in the right direction.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I took a toothpick and regulated the levers manually, since the screw is not working the levers, now error is at 0.5 ms ( I can make it less), but the other lever for is under the movement now hard to catch with +54 spd, better than -346 spd and 1.6 ms error.
The corrector screw in this movement is supposed to work, i.e. regulate how fast or slow it runs. If it doesn't then there's something wrong, as in the service tech broke your watch. Also if your watch was running -346spd after the service, I hope it was cheap, as in they gave YOU money for servicing your watch; sounds like a really bad place to have your watch serviced!

There's a reason why the regulator arm is so hard to reach; it's not supposed to be used for day to day regulation.

Hope you get this sorted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The corrector screw in this movement is supposed to work, i.e. regulate how fast or slow it runs. If it doesn't then there's something wrong, as in the service tech broke your watch. Also if your watch was running -346spd after the service, I hope it was cheap, as in they gave YOU money for servicing your watch; sounds like a really bad place to have your watch serviced!

There's a reason why the regulator arm is so hard to reach; it's not supposed to be used for day to day regulation.

Hope you get this sorted.
Official RW authorised service. I have it down to +54 spd face down and beat error at 0.1 ms. I filled oil in the movement, trying out sinn quartz setup. They made the watch tick again, I'm satisfied. I'll ask for a new balance.

·
Aspiring Expert
2,093 Posts
So as I had said both adjustments are on the same side (of the balance wheel)...

I believe the part you are referring to "under the movement" is not an adjustment point but instead, is part of the beat rate adjustment plate which holds the two parallel pins that the hairspring slips through which essentially allows the hairspring to be made longer (slow the rate) or shorter (speed up the rate)...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So as I had said both adjustments are on the same side...

Circuit component Audio equipment Gadget Font Eyewear
Orange circle is where the speed correction pin resides. I had to access this manually. Since the screw won't pull or push it. I have it at +54 spd face down and error at 0.1 ms. I'm calling it a day and God willing claiming a full bridge and balance from RW.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well you are really great at it, that is for sure. (y)🙂
Yes, indeed. My wife hides my watches after supper, that's when I go for them. It saves us the trouble of sending them out for servicing due to my negligent damages to the movements or dials.

·
Aspiring Expert
2,093 Posts
View attachment 138250 Orange circle is where the speed correction pin resides. I had to access this manually. Since the screw won't pull or push it. I have it at +54 spd face down and error at 0.1 ms. I'm calling it a day and God willing claiming a full bridge and balance from RW.
You can always remove the offset cam screw and then push the arms manually there, either way, there doesn't seem to be much range of adjustment which would indicate there is a larger issue at play...

I am curious why your time grapher program isn't showing the degrees of the balance wheel rotation in the pictures I've seen as this is an important indicator of correct performance?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can always remove the offset cam screw and then push the arms manually there, either way, there doesn't seem to be much range of adjustment which would indicate there is a larger issue at play...

I am curious why your time grapher program isn't showing the degrees of the balance wheel rotation in the pictures I've seen as this is an important indicator of correct performance?
I don't hold the microphone long enough steadily. When I do it does, but I can't snap the shots with the camera at that very moment. One man army here, 2 hands. Microphone in the right with the watch face down. Camera in the left. I have to hold breaths like I'm shooting on the range while clicking these quick snaps.
Thank God for this suggestion. This saves the trouble of claiming a bridge from Raymond Weil.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts