Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, by now many of you have seen one of my little side projects, a Seiko Tuna Professional Diver reference. As I've been updating it and searching for info, I've of course come across lots of for sale posts.

Well, I happened upon a Kinetic Tuna from 1993. Not one of the more desirable models, but they are getting rare in this condition (the plastic shrouds usually don't survive this long).

These were rated to only 200 meters, unlike the quartz 300 and 1,000 meter models, and featured a noticeably smaller case (44mm I believe, but I will measure it when it arrives).

Here is a pic from the seller, and I will update with more pics and info when it arrives.

-----------------------------
PICS ADDED AT POST #21

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice!

Is it the same size as the Mini Tuna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe so, but I'll verify when it arrives. I know Armsaver has made shrouds for them in the past, so I'll contact him and see if he'll whip me up on in black so I don't put any more wear and tear on the original shroud since it is probably impossible to replace at this point.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Garrick, what a fantastic find there ! :smile-thumb2:Honestly didn't even realize Seiko used kinetic movements in 1993. That's some vintage kinetic coolness on its way. Wow !!! :thumb::thumb: Congratulations ahead of time here !

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garrick, what a fantastic find there ! :smile-thumb2:Honestly didn't even realize Seiko used kinetic movements in 1993. That's some vintage kinetic coolness on its way. Wow !!! :thumb::thumb: Congratulations ahead of time here !
The previous version was marketed as "AGS Quartz" or Automatic Generating System Quartz. They changed to Kinetic once they had landed trademarks for it.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
The previous version was marketed as "AGS Quartz" or Automatic Generating System Quartz. They changed to Kinetic once they had landed trademarks for it.
That is something Garrick. :eek: Always am learning new things about this hobby every day. ..So so cool sir. Thanks so much for the info, and insight about this here. Really appreciate it. :) Huge congratulations ahead of time once again. Looking forward to seeing this when it arrives !

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
A Very Cool Watch. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ganson

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I believe so, but I'll verify when it arrives. I know Armsaver has made shrouds for them in the past, so I'll contact him and see if he'll whip me up on in black so I don't put any more wear and tear on the original shroud since it is probably impossible to replace at this point.
Yeah, he made the shroud for my Mini Tuna. I supplied him with the original and he made the aluminum replacement. He does good work.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
What is that strap made of, it almost looks like it's metal?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, he made the shroud for my Mini Tuna. I supplied him with the original and he made the aluminum replacement. He does good work.
Yep. I knew he made yours. He also made the black one I wear often on my SBBN007. He does good work with aluminum (though I wish he'd do steel or titanium as well!).
I looked at his completed eBay sales, and he made one specifically for this model in the past.

·
Banned
754 Posts
There's something special to me about black with gold accents. Big congrats on this rare piece. I couldn't do all gold but that combo you got coming is one I love. I was watching the last one that sold on eBay a few weeks back for future reference cus I'd love this one or golden tuna one day.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's something special to me about black with gold accents. Big congrats on this rare piece. I couldn't do all gold but that combo you got coming is one I love. I was watching the last one that sold on eBay a few weeks back for future reference cus I'd love this one or golden tuna one day.

One day I'd love to get a vintage 600m Golden Tuna. Until then, I'll take what comes along :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Nice pick up..good luck with it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow...I've never seen one of those...I didn't even know they existed...congrats on a great find.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts