Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Reactors-

I'm hoping you folks can help me decide which model of Reactor watch I should look at it.

My main inquiry is what do you folks consider is THE TOUGHEST, BADDEST, BOMBPROOF, TANK KILLER Reactor model out there? It can be either a regular production, limited or special edition or whatever and why that particular model.

I have a Seiko "Arnie" watch strapped to my wrist almost 24/7 since 1984 and the lovely missus says its time to retire.

I didn't know Reactor watches existed till yesterday (7/19) but when I saw the LE Poseidon when my wife dragged me into our local jewelry store . . . I said "Hmmmm". But we left without it cause I told her I needed to do more research.

As you've read, I only have one watch. So I just want one that will last as long or longer and will take a bombing, lava flow or being stepped on by Godzilla and still keep accurate time. I don't foresee myself getting another watch after my next purchase. I'm a one watch type of guy. Yes, I have read about how all their watches have a DNA background, but I want something special.

One watch to rule them all.

Or does any know if Mr. Olmes will be coming out with something even more indestructible in the near future that I should wait for?

I'll be calling Reactor this week and ask them this same question and see what they have to say.

Thank you to all those who reply

Cheers,
B

ps. sorry for my ramblings. I hope I got my point across.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya James-

Thanks for the quick reply and your wisdom :smileyface_hand_cla

I will take the Valkyrie in consideration.

Thanks again,
B

·
Registered
513 Posts
Here's an FYI; one of our fellow Watchfreeks has a Poseidon L/E for sale. I don't know anything about Reactor watches or the individual selling the timepiece. It looks nice. Good luck on your quest!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Tardis :smile-thumb2:

I just shot Royster an email.

Thanks for the luck on my quest :smileyface_hand_cla

B

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Fellow Reactors-

I'm hoping you folks can help me decide which model of Reactor watch I should look at it.

My main inquiry is what do you folks consider is THE TOUGHEST, BADDEST, BOMBPROOF, TANK KILLER Reactor model out there? It can be either a regular production, limited or special edition or whatever and why that particular model.

Cheers,
B

ps. sorry for my ramblings. I hope I got my point across.
Perhaps the watch with all the attributes you mention is actually a G-Shock.
I would not spend 600+ on a watch that I was purposely going to put into harms way, nor even the chance of it. That's why I have a G-Shock for those occasions.
However, I own 2 Reactors, a Fusion 2 and Gamma Ti w/Red dial, and I am quite happy with them for work and play, but not chain-sawing, jack-hammering, pick-axing or even hammering a nail (thank god I'm right-handed).
You could look at the Gamma Ti; Large, beefy but not heavy, and gets many compliments. But I don't need to measure my speed, calculate my remaining fuel, suppress the blast wave of that bomb you mentioned or neutralize a tank ... but it might handle a troop carrier. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps the watch with all the attributes you mention is actually a G-Shock.
I would not spend 600+ on a watch that I was purposely going to put into harms way, nor even the chance of it. That's why I have a G-Shock for those occasions.
However, I own 2 Reactors, a Fusion 2 and Gamma Ti w/Red dial, and I am quite happy with them for work and play, but not chain-sawing, jack-hammering, pick-axing or even hammering a nail (thank god I'm right-handed).
You could look at the Gamma Ti; Large, beefy but not heavy, and gets many compliments. But I don't need to measure my speed, calculate my remaining fuel, suppress the blast wave of that bomb you mentioned or neutralize a tank ... but it might handle a troop carrier. :)

We'll said and point taken.

At least you know you are armed (pardon the pun) to take out a military transport :smile-thumb:

B

·
Registered
50 Posts
In my opinion, all Reactor watches are durable, all made like tanks...my choice is the "flux",but any reactor is a great choice. Go to EBAY and get much better prices.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
this is a pretty bad reactor-

in all seriousness, if you're looking at the toughest then choose a quartz model. quartz mov'ts can take far more punishment than a mechanical (read: automatic)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my opinion, all Reactor watches are durable, all made like tanks...my choice is the "flux",but any reactor is a great choice. Go to EBAY and get much better prices.
Thanks for your input.

Yes, Ebay and the "Sale" section on WF are sources for Reactors.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
IMO the Reactor 60001 Prisma.
But if you are an automatic version fan you probably wouldnt want one.
I have one and its built like a Bradley Fighting Vehicle or an MWrap.

After my Brit Accurist, my most worn piece.
Great C S too.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
7,651 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
If all you want is BIG and BAD maybe you should check out Invicta... They make several models that approximate the size and weight of a man hole cover!:anim_63:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If all you want is BIG and BAD maybe you should check out Invicta... They make several models that approximate the size and weight of a man hole cover!:anim_63:
Hey BT738-

BAD yes, BIG not necessarily.

Just looking for one bas a$$ indestructible wrist piece that can take me to the grave and beyond.

Cheers,
B

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Nice watch their Tink.

I like that textured ring.

Thanks,
B

I found a picture of mine. I also had the orange one. Wish i would have kept one. Oh well

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Hey BT738-

BAD yes, BIG not necessarily.

Just looking for one bas a$$ indestructible wrist piece that can take me to the grave and beyond.

Cheers,
B
Reactor prides themselves in indestructibility... I would think any of them would hold up to the toughest conditions but those models with the knurled bezels and bracelet links are especially resistant to showing scratches. Another thing to consider is anytime you have crystal that sits lower than the bezel, it will be protected as opposed to a domed one that has a high point...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts