Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys could help me find a dive watch. I'm a G-Shock guy so I like big black watches, and I want to branch out from my digitals and get a nice bulky dive watch that I can wear on a rubber strap.

I really love the Seiko Darth Tuna; however, I was looking for something in the ~$300 range.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a large diver that goes well on rubber for about $300? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers,

-MuscleBear

·
Premium Member
24,307 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
This was my 'Zilla with Suppa Adapters and a shark-mesh bracelet from a couple years ago. Such a great rugged watch. For as big and clunky as it is, they wear comfortable and have awesome wrist presence.
Honestly, just looking at this old pic makes me want to pic one up again (and you can't beat the price for what you are getting, they are often found for about $199 on Joma and a few other sites!).

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Try to find a used NFW Viperfish. Many dial colors to choose from. Even some chronographs. Great watch, great company. I've had mine for a few years and wear it often. The brand has it's own WatchFreeks forum here.

Case Size: 48mm
Case Thickness: 18.5mm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
If you can find a Cave Dweller II, you're going to love it. Big chunk of steel. Bought mine when Keith did a 2nd run and I still enjoy slapping it on.

Around your price point, I would also take a look at the Prometheus Piranha. There is a Easter %15 off sale going on right now too. Use 'EASTERBUNNY15' promo code. Code is good thru Easter Sunday Mar 27.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.