Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Recently I got my first Stuhrling watch. It's the Winchester 44 Elite. I absolutely love how it looks, but it came with 2 flaws right out of the box. First of all, one of the end links has defects in the metal. There are small lines right where some brushed SS, meets some polished SS. The lines are dull dark gray, looks almost like carbon steel. Secondly, there are 2 smudges, what appear to be finger prints, on the inside of the front crystal. You can only see them when the lighting is right, but its still unacceptable.

My first thought was to contact the company I bought this watch from to get a replacement. I did, and they told me they have no more in stock, and don't know when they will get more....WTF? I also contacted Stuhrling directly, and asked if they would exchange it for me, since it came with a 2 year warranty, and had flaws right out of the box... they told me to contact the seller (which Stuhrling confirmed is an authorized seller). I also don't understand why this watch is so hard to find? I originally saw it back in October on Amazon and wasn't prepared to buy it at that time. A couple months later in December when I was prepared to buy it, I could not find one anywhere (at least not in the silver color option). Obviously I ended up finding one, but still seems like they are about as elusive as Bigfoot.

What should I do?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yup when you get a stinker, you just return it.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Yep, return it. Either to get a refund from the seller, or have Stuhrling replace it.

Both are major flaws that you should not try to live with.

Good luck and welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I can't add anything to what has been said. Just return it and move on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Only problem with returning it is, then I'll be stuck with nothing. They offered me a discount (partial refund, with me keeping the watch) but they didn't specify how much. I'm going to call back to find out today, because they said they would call me back and let me know when they are getting more in stock.

Has anyone else experienced this with stuhrling... not being able to find a specific model? They won't sell direct to customers. I've asked them how I can get a certain model, and they said to just check the sites listed as sellers in their FAQ, and wait till they get them in stock. But none of the sites seem to be restocking. Stuhrling has confirmed that this model has not been discontinued. So I don't know what to make of it. Either the sellers just don't want to restock, or Stuhrling can't provide them. I mean, several of them sold within a relatively short amount of time (2 months) so it's not as if they can't move them. It would seem logical for the sellers to restock, considering they are selling.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
The Only problem with returning it is, then I'll be stuck with nothing. They offered me a discount (partial refund, with me keeping the watch) but they didn't specify how much. I'm going to call back to find out today, because they said they would call me back and let me know when they are getting more in stock.

Has anyone else experienced this with stuhrling... not being able to find a specific model? They won't sell direct to customers. I've asked them how I can get a certain model, and they said to just check the sites listed as sellers in their FAQ, and wait till they get them in stock. But none of the sites seem to be restocking. Stuhrling has confirmed that this model has not been discontinued. So I don't know what to make of it. Either the sellers just don't want to restock, or Stuhrling can't provide them. I mean, several of them sold within a relatively short amount of time (2 months) so it's not as if they can't move them. It would seem logical for the sellers to restock, considering they are selling.
I just dont understand?? Are you trying to convince yourself to keep a DEFECTIVE watch?? Just return it. Don't take a partial credit. GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Buy something else OR don't buy anything, but keeping a defective watch is silly.

If they are out of this model then they are out of it. Every smaller brand eventually runs out of inventory. I know you may like this specific model, but you will also like others (from Stuhrling or another company).

Just return it and get your money back ASAP. Stop trying to figure out some way you can compromise. That is nuts to me. You know that is the right thing to do.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Return it for a full refund and wait until they are for sale somewhere else.

Why would you keep a defective watch. When you wear it you will know what's wrong with it and after a while it will just sit in a draw.

There's a lot of better choices out there, and a lot of watches that look similar out there.

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts

just between you and me- you're high :laughing:

send it back. there will be others.

·
Long Time Member
1,719 Posts
I would also worry, given the obvious defects, what others may show up over time. It is definitely a lemon, I agree with everyone above.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Get ur money back and buy something that's not made to such exacting standards.....insert sarcasm here....seriously though don't keep a turd...

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts