Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Hey guys, Can you confirm this email I got is legit and that it is not a virus/scam pls

pic attached of screen shot

Do I click the consent button ?

I also rec'd the same email from another watch forum but deleted it

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic added

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Hey Danny,

I've been getting similar emails from different organisations.
It is re the new federal anti-spam regulations.

Didn't get one from WF yet though.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Danny,

I've been getting similar emails from different organisations.
It is re the new federal anti-spam regulations.

Didn't get one from WF yet though.

Thanks Brian,

So did you click the link and did anything blow up?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Got the same one...deleted it. Whatever it was isn't worth the risk of opening it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Danny T

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the same one...deleted it. Whatever it was isn't worth the risk of opening it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yep, I will deleted it as well. Won't chance anything.

Thx for the tip

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I never click on this stuff, and I get it often.
Just delete & move on.

If you don't know, don't click.
Always some dork out there with nothing better to do than try to get us to blow up our 'puters.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
this was a legit email from Vertical Scope. we weren't aware of it going out, so it was news to us as well.

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
Yes it is a legitimate email.

If you are not Canadian and received one it was for one of 2 reasons:
1. you had a non geo location IP address, and to be safe we sent them to those users as well.
2. you at some point used a proxy

We had to play it safe to make sure we did not break the law.

Helena

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Been getting these from various sources for a couple weeks now, the one you are referring to included. There is some new Canadian anti-spam legislation coming into play July 1st so legit organizations are sending out compliance emails for the Canadian mailing lists.

I don't see how this will stop any spam, phishing or whatever since it's not like they are going to abide by any law regardless, but it is what it is I guess. It's like gun control in the states, it will only hinder the law abiding citizens as criminals won't give a darn about it except in the sense that they know there would likely be less civilians armed.

Coincidentally, I've also been inundated with spam the lat three or four days and my own email servers have REALLY tight controls on them so not sure how they are slipping through. Likely has nothing to do with this but couldn't help but notice.

To VS, there are a couple other forums you guys own that I am a member of and haven't received any of these emails for them. The large one specifically I am referring to is PBB. Not sure if you want to pass that up the chain or not. Phil is the head admin there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts