Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question how many people here get a brand new watch with a metal bracelet and don't size it at all just leave it as loose dangling as it can possibly be so dangling that if you were to put your arm straight down it would slip right off your wrist?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Honestly don't do that Contra. :) Maybe would fool around to see how
far a watch would go up my arm when I was a kid. But always just size
the bracelets so they fit nicely. ..Not too loose, but not super tight either. :thumb:

Fun question though. Thanks for asking it !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I'm asking because I have a friend who wears it like that I don't wear my watch loose.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Questions are always quick, it are the answers that take time :D I don't know why anyone would want to do that because it's dangerous and unwise at the same time. Dangerous because you can catch the bracelet behind something else and possibly cause severe injury and unwise because you could lose the watch. I sometimes frequent a bar with an outside terrace and that terrace is home to a certain type of men. Elderly, tanned all through the year and obvious well to do. And they wear their solid gold Rolex almost on the back of their hand, not the wrist. The bracelet is sized in such a way that the watch drops to the back of the hand, purposely. On the same wrist a heavy gold bracelet :D You know the type.

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
No I'm asking because I have a friend who wears it like that I don't wear my watch loose.

Oh neat, if he likes his watches loose that is cool. :thumb::thumb:

It's probably very comfortable for him. But my arm has gotten
a lot thinner in recent years, and they would be sliding all around
on me. But as long as he likes wearing his that way it's great ! :)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I don't wear a bracelet any loser then where I can stick one finger between it and my wrist, any loser then that and it starts flopping around and the case rotating around your wrist

Reactions: Time Traveler

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I prefer to wear my watches a little looser when on a bracelet. Not too loose that they end up on the opposite side of my wrist or at the side of the wrist. I do like a bit of play on all my bracelets, nothing worse for me than a snug bracelet.
They do tend to sit on the back of my hand a little but that's the way I roll baby Yea.

Sent from my S10_Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
I always strive for a semi-snug, non-floppy fit in bands and bracelets alike. Most people tend to swell a bit during the day, so I usually size towards mid-afternoon. I will always replace a non-micro adjustment bracelet out for one with them little holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Personal preference, some like it loose, some like it tight. There is no wrong way or right way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts