Watch Freeks banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently a very wealthy friend of mine gave this to me as a farewell gift. I've read through a lot of forums but still am suspicious as to whether this is legit or not. Can you guys help me out? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
it is fake. Unless your friend is so rich and you are so close that he gives you a 16 thousand dollar watch. If your that close ask him. Or, take the back off and if all the screws don't go back in because they strip which is what happen to mine then you will know. Or if the movement looks like a piece of wadded up bubble gum. Wear it daily and in a few weeks the black paint on the back will start to come off. mine did. and after the 10 marker came off and logged itself by the 8 I finally decided mine was a fake. Still loved it and wore it often till someone talked me out of it. Hope some day my ship comes close enough to the dock and someone hands me enough money through the hublot so I can purchase a real one.

·
6,396 Posts
If the watch you very wealthy friend gave you is real, it came with a plastic authentication card with a chip on it. Please follow THIS link and go through the steps. It's quite simple really. Good luck. I can't image a friend giving another friend a fake watch as a farewell gift.

Reactions: #four and scotty

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
If the watch you very wealthy friend gave you is real, it came with a plastic authentication card with a chip on it. Please follow THIS link and go through the steps. It's quite simple really. Good luck. I can't image a friend giving another friend a fake watch as a farewell gift.
1) did you receive a plastic authentication card with a chip in it ?

2) what kind of box & papers came with this 160 C note watch ?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Well these are the only stuff that came with it
can you flip the warranty card and take a close up ?

did your wealthy friend say he was giving you a real HUBANG ?

your box and papers appear to be a higher trim level than the normal counterfeit IMHO

the way to verify is to take it to an AD ( AUTHORIZED DEALER ) ....if the papes are fake they should tell at a glance without having to take its pants off ( take the case back off )

·
Registered
233 Posts
can you flip the warranty card and take a close up ?

your box and papers appear to be a higher trim level than the normal counterfeit IMHO

)

the picture with the paperwork is a different watch than the op. So it is real. I don't want to come across as an expert on fake watches. Even though being a watchaholic I came back with 11 of them from Malaysia and ended up with 14 or so. NO I don't have them anymore. Have 2. The rest were given to buddies at work. Along with another 18 I purchased for them. I told them that I hit the lotto and wanted to share. They have fakes, er, replica's in all trim levels. I saw a "replica" Rolex several years ago that cost $3,000. The actual one was $35,000. The fake used real gold and diamonds in it. And, the expert that I am, the inside of the Hublot did look like wadded up gum. I had to look as the exhibition back on the TAG caliber 16 had a gorgeous mechanism in it. I think now I need to find the guy at work with that one and take a picture just to keep. I just gave it away a couple weeks ago. I kept it all these years because of the beauty. I wore it once as I would not trust the leather strap more than a few wearings. It really was a work of art and the 2 watches cost just about the same. As a confession, when I came back from Malaysia this web site and WUS transformed me. I collected Bulova's by date, meaning a year coinciding with something special since they have date codes. Then Malaysia made me a "replica" collector. THEN because of these two sites I discovered real watches. Names I had never ever heard of. Watches that were gorgeous. In the past 4 to 5 years between these 2 sites for myself and friends at work I have purchased well over 40 watches. Deep Blue, Lum-Tec. I saw brands like those and figured who needed a 20,000 dollar Hublot when you can have one of those on your wrist.

·
13,275 Posts
the picture with the paperwork is a different watch than the op. So it is real. I don't want to come across as an expert on fake watches. Even though being a watchaholic I came back with 11 of them from Malaysia and ended up with 14 or so. NO I don't have them anymore. Have 2. The rest were given to buddies at work. Along with another 18 I purchased for them. I told them that I hit the lotto and wanted to share. They have fakes, er, replica's in all trim levels. I saw a "replica" Rolex several years ago that cost $3,000. The actual one was $35,000. The fake used real gold and diamonds in it. And, the expert that I am, the inside of the Hublot did look like wadded up gum. I had to look as the exhibition back on the TAG caliber 16 had a gorgeous mechanism in it. I think now I need to find the guy at work with that one and take a picture just to keep. I just gave it away a couple weeks ago. I kept it all these years because of the beauty. I wore it once as I would not trust the leather strap more than a few wearings. It really was a work of art and the 2 watches cost just about the same. As a confession, when I came back from Malaysia this web site and WUS transformed me. I collected Bulova's by date, meaning a year coinciding with something special since they have date codes. Then Malaysia made me a "replica" collector. THEN because of these two sites I discovered real watches. Names I had never ever heard of. Watches that were gorgeous. In the past 4 to 5 years between these 2 sites for myself and friends at work I have purchased well over 40 watches. Deep Blue, Lum-Tec. I saw brands like those and figured who needed a 20,000 dollar Hublot when you can have one of those on your wrist.

Ok, so this post brings up this question for the OP: Why are you showing a different watch in the box and paperwork pics than you show in your original post?

·
6,396 Posts
The OP must be thinking he has landed in The Twilight Zone but let me explain. And I'll just speak for myself. Every time I encounter yet another 'is it real of fake?' post I get grumpy. This, and many other watch forums, seem a test bed for people with an obvious fake watch trying to see if it can pass muster. I'll repeat, this is just my opinion and take on this.

Hublot ranks no. 1 in these 'is it real or fake?' enquiries because it's one of the most replicated watches, behind Rolex. They are an expensive brand with a seemingly never ending stream of new models. (Hublot, BTW, means porthole). Because of that Hublot have devised a very elaborate method in authenticating their watches.

I'm no saint, far from it but buying a fake watch is one of worse things one can do. Not because you are funding counterfeiters or stealing from the real manufacturers but because you are putting yourself down in way you cannot imagine. Don't do it, spend your cash on a good micro diver or save up for the real deal. You are worth it!

I'm sick and tired of these post and yet I respond. That's something I'll have to change, just let it go.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
... and solid case backs are obviously an easy way to get around any tells. The movement is usually the most obvious part of any fake. While some are very close they inherently almost always either get something wrong or run into something that is very difficult to replicate.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was waiting for a few more post to develop before I spouted off again. But here it is anyway. It was a fake from the get go. His very first post here. Someone off to have their kind of fun. And the follow up pic proved it. Some very low resolution pic not even taken with the same camera i'm sure. Probably off the net. The first pics could have been also. If it was a legitimate question the first pictures would have been better to identify the watch and the paperwork would have been mentioned up front. The whole question was a forgery ;)

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Yes it does amaze.
You have a possible multi-thousand dollar watch and instead of going to a professional to see if it's real, you ask perfect strangers.
Makes sense to me :)

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
My bet is if this clown got 4 or 5 of us to say it was real, he would have this clunker up on the FS board for $8K trying to set the hook!

·
Long Time Member
1,739 Posts
I know how you feel. Don't let it bother you, its not worth your time. Its not worth the time for any of us.
The OP must be thinking he has landed in The Twilight Zone but let me explain. And I'll just speak for myself. Every time I encounter yet another 'is it real of fake?' post I get grumpy. This, and many other watch forums, seem a test bed for people with an obvious fake watch trying to see if it can pass muster. I'll repeat, this is just my opinion and take on this.

Hublot ranks no. 1 in these 'is it real or fake?' enquiries because it's one of the most replicated watches, behind Rolex. They are an expensive brand with a seemingly never ending stream of new models. (Hublot, BTW, means porthole). Because of that Hublot have devised a very elaborate method in authenticating their watches.

I'm no saint, far from it but buying a fake watch is one of worse things one can do. Not because you are funding counterfeiters or stealing from the real manufacturers but because you are putting yourself down in way you cannot imagine. Don't do it, spend your cash on a good micro diver or save up for the real deal. You are worth it!

I'm sick and tired of these post and yet I respond. That's something I'll have to change, just let it go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well at this point, I'm kinda convinced by you guys that it's a fake. Hahaha. Thanks guys. Anyway, it's the same watch, but when it was in the box, they had this silicon thing that was mount on to the case.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well I stand corrected on it being a different watch and I appreciate you revealing the difference. I will also stand by two more statements. 1) I would think the box, card and all, including the cover, it is a real Hublot. 2) if the friend is that close why not ask ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.