Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to watch collecting and have recently bought an Oris watch on ebay. Its a very nice looking watch and I am excited about my purchase. I was wondering if anyone here could help me determine its authenticity? When I receive it I am going to take it to a dealer to open it up and look at, but I wanted to see if I could get some other opinions while I wait! Thanks! (Pictures below)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

I am worried its not real for two reasons

1) After doing some research I couldn't find evidence of Oris making a hand winding movement for their Vintage Classic line.

2) The back of the watch only has the logo, no writing or anything like I have seen on others

Any help would be awesome! Thank You !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I have always wanted to get into collecting, but never had the money ! I will be on this forum a great deal moving forward! and I agree.. It does look like that is the movement in there..

·
Registered
677 Posts
One thing I noticed was the dial says incabloc and the movement isn't. Not sure if that points to an real issue or not, but it certainly indicates that the watch is not completely original.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Judging from sales comparisons, watches from India or outside CONUS
Are risky. But let's say you bid $30 and won. That's probably a price you can afford to risk

Maybe next time, include info on what you paid and from where.

ORIS seems to be popular eBay trinkets and could be a Frankenstein watch
With cheap leather band. Heck I've bought Midos this way and just passed them on via the forums to invicta enthusiasts looking for mainstream name brands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I see on ebay there is a industry in India that refurbishes vintage watches. Like Tomsimac said most likely Frankenstein watches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a very similar one from eBay. My one had a brand new fake case and strap but the movement seems to be vintage. I'm happy with it as I only paid £30 and after regulating keeps extremely good time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts