Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

Really need your help on authenticating this omega seamaster planet ocean I took it to a local omega dealer that took it aparet and said its real as it has genuine omega movement. I am looking for just a second opinion from experts on here as I want to be 110% sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
11,573 Posts
If the AD said its real, why would you need a second opinion from people that aren't Omega AD's?

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't have any of the paper work that's why I'm slightly unsure if it's real as with anything that doesn't have its original documents. As for size, I have no idea lol thanks for replying

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let me get this straight, an Authorized Dealer took the caseback off, inspected the watch, and proclaimed it as real.

Then you ask a bunch of strangers on the interwebs to give you a second opinion with only pics (and bad pics at that), and they easily identify it as a fake?

What am I missing here?

·
11,573 Posts
I'm calling BS on the AD part of the story

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Open it up and see what falls out.

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly the same thing I'm missing right now. If it's so obviously fake the dealer has it really wrong. The reason I'm asking for second opinion is because of the things I've read on this forum such as pearl not vertically center etc so I thought I would check my watch on here

·
Registered
650 Posts
Let me get this straight, an Authorized Dealer took the caseback off, inspected the watch, and proclaimed it as real.

Then you ask a bunch of strangers on the interwebs to give you a second opinion with only pics (and bad pics at that), and they easily identify it as a fake?

What am I missing here?
Some replicas are designed to be able to drop a genuine movement into the case, so there is a possibility this is a Frankenstein'ed piece. The only way to know for certain is for the OP to remove the case-back and show us the movement.

Having said that, I look at it and the bezel seems off, as does the dial in general. It looks sloppy, even for a rep piece. I'm calling this one a fake, as I don't even see a low-end fake being built to accommodate a genuine movement.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts