Watch Freeks banner

"REAL" dive watch under $200?

5K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  59yukon01 
#1 ·
I'm looking at Seiko and Deep Blue. Any opinions?

#3 ·
Before all the Seikopaths show up, try a Deep Blue.
. At least that way most people will think you spent more than 50 dollars at the department store

Lol. I resent that statement. I guess we should ask if you plan on diving with it, Chumley. I mean, I was gonna point you at Seiko anyway, but my Freestyle is rated for 200m, but I've only gone swimming with it. That's well under the $200 mark.

#5 ·
Orient Mako comes to mind as well. Below $150 on Amazon.

#10 ·
Actually Stan has done pretty well making Deep Blue known ... and "most" people see the name Seiko and associate it with someplace like Macy's selling them for 50 - 150 bucks and always on "sale". We all know there is stigma associated with the name, especially outside of collector circles and with the general public. No reason not to be frank about the perception ... and not a knock on your watch at all.

#11 ·
"REAL" dive watch under $200?

I don't take a knock on a watch. lol

My point is, maybe people wil perceive it at as inexpensive because they only know seiko as a department store brand, and that's fine. I agree on a certain level.

But no one outside these forums, besides people into watches that bought from shopnbc or reads watch magazines would have any idea about Deep Blue. Just like they wouldn't know Helson, Boschett, Lumtec and on and on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 · (Edited)
Take a look at the Amphibia line from Vostok.

This is my modified 710 series Amphibia. The base watch can be had for less than $100; $200 will purchase the same bezel and bracelet as mine and give you a good amount of cash left over. They're rated for 660ft/200m and as reliable as Seiko.

Reactions: scotty
#19 ·
My DB MOP Sea Ram came in today along with the Wenger Sea Force I got the wife for her birthday. I got outbid today on another DB and right after, I get a text from the wife telling me not to get her a dive watch...turns out she was the one that outbid me for the other DB. When I unpackaged my DB, she was a little taken aback by the size, so I guess I have two Sea Rams now.

Attachments

#24 ·
Bang/Buck nothing beats a Seiko 007 or 009 but if you actually plan on diving with it, get one with a rubber strap. $160 all day long! :rolleyes:

Furthermore... I've heard the 007/009 series has been discontinued and may even become collectable one day. Besides that, it's "iconic" as it gets... Pure classic Seiko bullet-proof design and functionality.

#25 ·
I agree with the Orient quote. Just purchased a Mako XL mechanical about two weeks ago. I'm quite happy with the watch. Bought the orange-very unique color. I'm a fan of larger watches as I have a 7.5 wrist and I am 6'3" + 215 lb. This watch is the smallest that I have in my collection. I really enjoy this blog and the information that it puts forth. Just joined-thanks for the information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.