Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I love the 50 mm and even larger invicta watches but I have found a watch i purchased several months ago getting a ton of wrist time. I think it is just a little over 40mm but I have to say it really is the one watch I wear for anything active or in the case of needing something really tough on the wrist I reach for it all the time. Also if you need the perfect watch for night time or sleeping this one is just great. The watch is the Reactor Trident with ND (never dark technology) If I were to go on some kind of expedition or the like this is the watch I would take - no question. The thing is tough as a tank and with the gas tubes and super lume combined in the same dial you can read the thing in any light you might find your self in. The bracelet is beefy and feels like something you would find on a 48mm or larger watch. If you want a really tough watch that is also great looking and a serious time piece for active events, give one of these things a try... There is a web site at reactorwatch..

Check one of these things out.!!

Kayak

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I don't know about the other models but the store I purchased this at in the Wisconsin had only the Trident and the Critical Mass models. Only the Trident has the ND feature to my knowledge... I am just surprised how much I like it being a smaller dial when wearing like sub aqua III Invicta's and Russian Diver models. It is a great little time piece. Let me know Mike how you like them if you get one.. I am pretty much blow away by the thing..

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yes sir - thanks for putting the picture up. I have the all silver tone with black face model.. I have never seen a 40-41 mm watch with such a readable dial. It is even easy to see with 50 year old eyes in the day time.. Don't need the readers..

I love this site by the way - it is a lot of fun.. I am a loyal geeks dude but this one really rocks!!! Seems like a really friendly fun group here..

Thanks and I am glad Jim put a pitch in for you at geeks.. that is how I came over..

Tim T on tonights Croton show - how much fun is that anyway JIm and Tim in one day??

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Has anybody checked these out? There lume is supposed

to be better than superlume.Just what I read.Anybody seen

one?They do have a good looking model called the Poseidon and

the Poseidon LE comes with strap and bracelet,$900 though,

I dont see it...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

threads combined...

the Search function on this site is your friend. :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Sorry guys I didnt see this post and they combined
my post with this one.How is the lume on these?
I really like that Poseidon..

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
threads combined...

the Search function on this site is your friend. :)
No its not, I used the search function once and found nothing but evil....:lol:pk
You too? I thought it was only me.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

This summer Reactor will be introducing a new line of Never Dark dive watches, the Poseidon series. There are three versions within the series, two quartz and a self-charging (kinetic) auto-quartz limited edition model (pictured). I have never had a chance to see these watches in-person, however, I have heard many good things, especially that they are very rugged and well built. Here is a link to there page which explains their different technologies.
The limited edition Poseidon will feature an exhibition caseback which shows off the black plated rotor, that charges the quartz movement. I've never heard of a quartz watch with an exhibition caseback, but it definitely sounds cool.
The watch features the Never Dark® dial illumination system that combines bright Superluminova with long-lasting tritium for perfect visibility in under any lighting condition. The case is stainless steel and is depth tested to an impressive 1,000 meters (3,300 ft). It meets or exceeds the ISO 6425 Professional Dive Watch standard. Case diameter is 48 mm by 17 mm thick. It features external and internal rotating bezels, for calculating dive time. The limited-edition version comes with a 2-tone stainless bracelet and a rubber strap, plus tools and extra screw bars to swap bands.

Available here http://www.watchco.com/Reactor-Watches_s/47.html in August 2010

----------------------------------
Oceantime article on this model - http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2010/06/reactor-poseidon-1000m-new.html

By TLex REACTOR's new 1000m diver is finally here! When Jimmy Olmes, Reactor's founder and president first told me (in early 2009) about his planned 1000m dive watch I was very eager to get a glimpse of it, but had to wait a good 6 months before I even got a sneak peek of a finished prototype.

Today I am very pleased to finally introduce the new REACTOR Poseidon 1000m dive watch. I'm huge REACTOR fan, there's no doubt about it, they've got some of the most rugged and reliable sports watches that there are on the market; pound for pound, dollar for dollar you'll be hard pushed to find much better; 'The best built performance sports watch . . . period!' say REACTOR and I'm not arguing.

My Neutron is one of most beloved watches for a number of reasons; firstly the reliability and sheer convenience of its quartz movement, its tough as nails and then some more, its has incredible lume and its massive.... CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE

·
Registered
603 Posts
imported post

Reactor watches are nothing short of awesome! It's great to see Reactor releasing a new line of watches, especially with these incredible specs. I have the Photon and Neutron, both top of the line time pieces, IMO. Thanks TVD for posting this info. BTW the Trident line are really great watches too, but sadly never seem to go on sale (must be a VERY popular style).

·
Registered
633 Posts
imported post

WOW...just saw our new forum up thanks to the guys at Watchfreeks...

Let me roll up my sleeves tonight and respond to some of these great comments and share some more with you regarding our brand of watches.

Thanks again and look forward to the many conversations to come.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

I have a Gamma that is 45.5 mm and the lume is awesome(as I've said on another thread). Very study, but don't feel like you are lugging around an engine block. The bracelet disperses the weight very nicely. I won a Flux with the nitride plating, really excited to get that one and I gave my Missus a MC2 pink face that also looks awesome. A person really has to see them in person, pics just don't capture the overall experience.

I recommend them very highly to anyone that wants a stylish and solid watch for every occasion.

·
Registered
633 Posts
imported post

kayakguy wrote:
I love the 50 mm and even larger invicta watches but I have found a watch i purchased several months ago getting a ton of wrist time. I think it is just a little over 40mm but I have to say it really is the one watch I wear for anything active or in the case of needing something really tough on the wrist I reach for it all the time. Also if you need the perfect watch for night time or sleeping this one is just great. The watch is the Reactor Trident with ND (never dark technology) If I were to go on some kind of expedition or the like this is the watch I would take - no question. The thing is tough as a tank and with the gas tubes and super lume combined in the same dial you can read the thing in any light you might find your self in. The bracelet is beefy and feels like something you would find on a 48mm or larger watch. If you want a really tough watch that is also great looking and a serious time piece for active events, give one of these things a try... There is a web site at reactorwatch..

Check one of these things out.!!

Kayak
WOW, wat a testimony to our brand. I cannot thank you enough for your candidness.

·
Registered
633 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
seems like a solid watch. like the looks and they do have some versions over 44mm too.
We actually go up to 50mm....Size does matter..... Check out our Source or Poseidon.

Thank you again for the post.

Here is the Source:

·
Registered
633 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:

This summer Reactor will be introducing a new line of Never Dark dive watches, the Poseidon series. There are three versions within the series, two quartz and a self-charging (kinetic) auto-quartz limited edition model (pictured). I have never had a chance to see these watches in-person, however, I have heard many good things, especially that they are very rugged and well built. Here is a link to there page which explains their different technologies.
The limited edition Poseidon will feature an exhibition caseback which shows off the black plated rotor, that charges the quartz movement. I've never heard of a quartz watch with an exhibition caseback, but it definitely sounds cool.
The watch features the Never Dark® dial illumination system that combines bright Superluminova with long-lasting tritium for perfect visibility in under any lighting condition. The case is stainless steel and is depth tested to an impressive 1,000 meters (3,300 ft). It meets or exceeds the ISO 6425 Professional Dive Watch standard. Case diameter is 48 mm by 17 mm thick. It features external and internal rotating bezels, for calculating dive time. The limited-edition version comes with a 2-tone stainless bracelet and a rubber strap, plus tools and extra screw bars to swap bands.

Available here http://www.watchco.com/Reactor-Watches_s/47.html in August 2010

----------------------------------
Oceantime article on this model - http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2010/06/reactor-poseidon-1000m-new.html

By TLex REACTOR's new 1000m diver is finally here! When Jimmy Olmes, Reactor's founder and president first told me (in early 2009) about his planned 1000m dive watch I was very eager to get a glimpse of it, but had to wait a good 6 months before I even got a sneak peek of a finished prototype.

Today I am very pleased to finally introduce the new REACTOR Poseidon 1000m dive watch. I'm huge REACTOR fan, there's no doubt about it, they've got some of the most rugged and reliable sports watches that there are on the market; pound for pound, dollar for dollar you'll be hard pushed to find much better; 'The best built performance sports watch . . . period!' say REACTOR and I'm not arguing.

My Neutron is one of most beloved watches for a number of reasons; firstly the reliability and sheer convenience of its quartz movement, its tough as nails and then some more, its has incredible lume and its massive.... CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE
Thanks James....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts