Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I just opened my Reactor Watch for the 1st time, the Battery has finally died, after all these years. The strange thing I noticed is that as soon as I unscrewed the Caseback, and removed it, there is no Rubber Gasket seated on the CaseBack, or inside the Watch itself. Looks like for all these years, it's been Metal to Metal.......Has anyone else ever seen anything like this in a Diver-Surfers Watch??? Reactor has never leaked on me, I've never seen any condensation in the Watch, but I find this very hard to understand. I figured that all Divers Watches, and especially a Reactor would have Rubber Gaskets to help seal it. I appreciate any input from anyone else that has ever opened one up?? Thank You, Ray!!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Call Reactor and tell them the situation. Ask them about it in that watch. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just replaced the battery in my Trident, there was definitly a gasket there. It was also square not round for better sealing I assume. The watch needed a cr2012 battery but they are hard to find so I used a cr2016 and it fit fine. There is less than half of a MM difference in thickness. I used a little silicone grease and sealed it up, I never go any deeper than a few feet so it will be fine. Again contact CS and they will help you as they did me.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Holeee Cow.
You mean my Reactor 6000bb1 Prism may not have a gasket?
Surely Rays situation is an anomoly?

This is my fave diver.

Rocky: According to info I've read, most diving is done above
140 feet. Saturation diving? DAMIFINO!!!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did you use it in the water? Call them, they were very helpfull to me. If it is the same as mine it takes a 2012 3V battery, and I replaced mine with a 2106.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have never had anyone but Reactor change my batteries. For the peace of mind and quick service, they can't be beat. They clean, pressure test and send it back in a nice velvet bag for $20.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Ray0683:
Probably no gasket because Reactor uses dual O rings on crown.
They specify this in their instructional manual (mine at least)

I'm perfectly satisfied with W R perameters on mine. Most divers
seldom go below 40 meters anyway.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't they have a 10 year battery life? Why is everyone replacing their batteries so soon? How long did you have the watch for before needing to replace the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just talked to Reactor....the Atom's, and most ND models don't have the 10 year batteries! :mad: Only the normal batteries with 2 -3 year life. Wow, that is very disappointing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts