Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Good luck....I hit "Like".

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Quick cell pic of my freshly serviced 1986 Submariner.

New Dial and Hands (super luminova)

New Bezel Insert

New Crown, Tube, Stem

Movement Service

New crystal seals and caseback seals

Clean and Polish.

Only thing I didn't replace was the crystal. Has some chips but held up perfect in the water pressure tank.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

I was up in Tampa this last weekend and met up with a guy that I bought a watch from on Rolexforums a few months ago. We went over to his watchmakers house and hung out for a bit and ended up changing the crystal on my two tone sub. So now it looks brand spanking new. He actually told me the other guy forgot to put some o-ring that required for the water resitance. Good thing I haven't gotten it wet yet LOL.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Just a heads up incase anybody wants dibs. Later this week or over the weekend I will be posting my chase durer udt 1000xl for sale as well as my titanium charmex argonaut tq. Send me a pm if your interested. Will take pics this week and post in the for sale section.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Been gone for a while but I'm back. The last two months before the wedding was crazy! So I'm very happily married now and glad all the planning and bills are over LOL.

Will hopefully be more active on here once she is all settled in.

We went on a cruise for our honeymoon. The Allure of the Seas from Royal Caribbean. Stopped in Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Had an amazing time and awesome boat.

While in St. Thomas of course I went watch shopping LOL. Took a lot of cash with me and ending up buying a Breitling Superocean 44 directly from the Breitling Boutique on main street (across from the Rolex LOL). In St. Maarten my fiance purchased a really nice tennis bracelet. She had no need for a watch since I gave her a Rolex Datejust with a diamond dial and bezel.

Will dedicate some time to photograph and post some of the new purchases and the ones I want to sell.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

Glad you're back! I also went on a Royal Caribbean cruise (last month), from Seward Alaska down to Vancouver to celebrate our 10th wed anniverary. There were lots of shops at the ports we stopped (Skagway and Ketchikan especially). They are there just for cruise ships from May to September. OK... Long story short: The only shop I went into was owned by a company out of St. Martin and I had a Breitling Superocean 44 ON THE WRIST for at least 15 min while I tried to get him down in price. Went as low (ha-ha) as $3150... I told him it had to come in under $3K... In the end, no deal. The were not happy to let me out of there without that watch but in retrospect I'm happy I didn't buy it (at that price)...tax free and all. The one I was looking at had the blue hands and accents, on a bracelet. It was spectacular!

81 - 100 of 103 Posts