Watch Freeks banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Figured it was safe to post here my reason for selling a few watches since it's member only and the wrong person won't find it and discover me :%:%

I recently got another Rolex gmt master ii. It was a friend of mines who needed the money bad. I told him to take the money and I didn't care for the watch but he refused and pushed the watch on me. Well that money I lent him came out of money I had set aside for an engagement ring. Selling off a few to try to recover those funds.

No health issues or money issues guys. Just trying to recover some funds :lol

Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

rb-86 wrote:
Figured it was safe to post here my reason for selling a few watches since it's member only and the wrong person won't find it and discover me :%:%
don't leave your computer logged into WFs unattended. womenfolk are smarter than we give them credit for :eek: :lol

congrats on the upcomings :c

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
rb-86 wrote:
don't leave your computer logged into WFs unattended. womenfolk are smarter than we give them credit for :eek: :lol

congrats on the upcomings :c
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Almost forgot to mention I'M ENGAGED!!!!

SHE SAID YES!!!!!!! Friday night was perfect! At the last minute I changed my mind on how I wanted to propose and drove to our highschool were I asked her to by my girlfriend. She was asking why we weren't driving towards the restaurant and I told her I had to pick up a watch that a friend was replacing some gaskets on!!!:%:%. I got so lucky because it is a private school and so late at night the gate happened to be open!! I drove in and the gate to the field was open too. I took her into the fieldand told her this is where I asked the girl of my dreams to be my girlfriend and now it's also were I wanted to ask her to be my wife!!! It was awesome!!! When we got back in the car some guy was like you gotta go we are closing the gates. If I would have been 5 minutes late I would have had to propose on the sidewalk :%:%. She was crying for like half an hour:lol. Then we enjoyed a romantic dinner and when we got to her house I had arranged for some friends and family to surprise her. It was an amazing night! I got homethat night like at 5am!!

sorry to babble on, I'm just really excited:%:%

·
Registered
891 Posts
imported post

From an old married man...CONGRATULATIONS....But, you've got to tone it down some. You're going to make the rest of us look bad. Or worse yet, our girls hear about this and they'll start expecting all kinds of romantic stuff from us.....LOL

Congratulations again.

rb-86 wrote:
Almost forgot to mention I'M ENGAGED!!!!

SHE SAID YES!!!!!!! Friday night was perfect! At the last minute I changed my mind on how I wanted to propose and drove to our highschool were I asked her to by my girlfriend. She was asking why we weren't driving towards the restaurant and I told her I had to pick up a watch that a friend was replacing some gaskets on!!!:%:%. I got so lucky because it is a private school and so late at night the gate happened to be open!! I drove in and the gate to the field was open too. I took her into the field and told her this is where I asked the girl of my dreams to be my girlfriend and now it's also were I wanted to ask her to be my wife!!! It was awesome!!! When we got back in the car some guy was like you gotta go we are closing the gates. If I would have been 5 minutes late I would have had to propose on the sidewalk :%:%. She was crying for like half an hour:lol. Then we enjoyed a romantic dinner and when we got to her house I had arranged for some friends and family to surprise her. It was an amazing night! I got home that night like at 5am!!

sorry to babble on, I'm just really excited:%:%

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

lovles2274 wrote:
From an old married man...CONGRATULATIONS....But, you've got to tone it down some. You're going to make the rest of us look bad. Or worse yet, our girls hear about this and they'll start expecting all kinds of romantic stuff from us.....LOL

Congratulations again.
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

As long as you don't leave your browser open and signed in they can't read the blog section so your good:lol

Thanks!!!!:b

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Gettin ready to leave work and go set up the boat for tomorrow. Also gotta go get new bands for my speargun. Taking off to the keys tomorrow for my friends bachelor party. We rented for the weekend in Key Largo. I haven't been down there in two years almost. Since I bought my boat basically. When we first bought it we spent two months straight down there. The hull was green from being in the water so long. Should be fun weekend. Tiki Bar on Saturday!!!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Traded the 02 gmt master II I got a few weeks ago for a two tone black submariner. I've always LOVED the two tone look and finally got one. It's older (87) but in amazing condition. Only down side is the dial doesn't lume any more. So it's going to need a need dial. Also needs a new bezel and crystal. The case and bracelet are in amazing condition. No bad scratches or pits or dings. Bracelet has hardly any stretch at all. Selling off a few pieces now to be able to pay for a complete service at Rolex.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

Right on! Glad you were able to get something that you've wanted.:c

I'd be all over that Poseidon if I hadn't got mine. It should fly out the door now.

The sale could pay for the refurb of the Rolex. :b

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Here's a quick pic of my new baby!!! Even though it has no lume and the bezel needs replacing I still love it and gonna wear it everyday until I get the funds to send it to Rolex for service.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Finally got the funds together to send my submariner to Rolex for complete service, new dial, hands, bezel insert, and crystal!!! Gonna send it out tomorrow. I gotta take before pics tonight or tomorrow to show it's current condition.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

On a non-watch related news. Me and my fiance have picked our church, venue, and date. Will will be getting married on May 26th, 2012.:b

Not this tuesday but next tuesday we got a meeting with the pastor of the church for some "focus" test and after that we officially get our date. We spoke with the venue for the reception and they are holding that date for us and after we pass the "focus" test at the church we gotta drive over to fill out the paper work for the reception.

Let the stress begin!!!:%

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Was a little excited over picking up my Chase-Durer on Saturday. Didn't realize my steering wheel wasn't straight as I pulled out of the ATM and brushed the chase blue cement pole:%:%:%:%

I didn't even bother to get out and look:lol. Went straight to my watch broker and just glanced at it for a second. My friend that was with me said he would have been crying. No big deal. It's a truck. Went home later and with some rubbing compound it all came right off. Only a little dent left behind on the fender.

Lesson, don't sweat the small stuff :lol

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
imported post

Been so busy lately with wedding stuff and work that I've hardley have anytime to do stuff. This week after work Everday except for Wednesday we have meetings with either dj's or florists or video people.

I've gotten three new watches and haven't even had time to photograph any of them :WW.

Chase Durer Special Forces 1000XL

Elini Genesis

Marathon GSAR

Also my Rolex Sub two tone will be ready for pickup next weekend:b

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

Let the circus begin...or continue:lol

I saw you got the CD 1000...So do I call you Roy, Rob, or Michael now? How is the black coating holding up? That is the only reason I don't have one right now. When I see them come up on f/s, the bracelets are scratched to hell.

Nice watches that you have picked up on the QT though.:b

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
61 - 80 of 103 Posts