·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-INVICTA-PRO...item48392c6559

item number:310196856153

[align=center]THE STORY GOES:[/align] [align=center]WHILE MY FATHER WAS THE FLORIDA DISTRIBUTOR FOR INVICTA, HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRY AND MARKET THE LUPAH AND LUPAH DRAGON TO WALT DISNEY WORLD. ONLY 15 SAMPLE WATCHES TOTALLY WERE MADE, IN DIFFERENT COLOR DIALS,BY INVICTA TO TRY AND CAPTURE DISNEY AS A CUSTOMER. THE LUPAH WAS THE NUMBER 1 SELLING WATCH AT THAT TIME AND DISNEY WAS VERY EXCITED. EVEN THE BUCKLE WAS GOING TO HAVE EARS.[/align] [align=center]THE WEEK BEFORE HIS MEETING, THE PRESIDENT OF DISNEY, DON EISNER,WAS FIRED IN CALIFORNIA AND ALL NEW PRODUCT PURCHASES WERE PLACED ON HOLD. GREAT HOPES WERE DASHED THAT DAY. [/align] [align=center]A LARGE EXPENSE WENT INTO THIS PROJECT AND WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL INVICTA SCHEMATICS PRODUCED AS WELL. IF THIS SALE HAD TAKEN PLACE, WE CALCULATED OVER 100,000 OF THESE WOULD HAVE SOLD PER YEAR.[/align] [align=center]OUT OF THE 15 WATCHES MADE, 1 WAS GIVEN TO THE V.P. OF WALT DISNEY WORLD,ONE OTHER TO HIS LAWYER, AND 1 TO HIS FATHER. THAT LEAVES 12. HE HAS HELD THEM ALL THESE YEARS, NEVER WORN AND ROLLED UP IN AN INVICTA WATCH SALES COLLECTORS ROLL AND STORED.[/align] [align=center]HE SAID THAT THE WIERDER THE DIAL COLOR, THE MORE COLLECTIBLE IT WILL PROBABLY BE. [/align] [align=center]THIS SALE WILL BE HELD AS A PRIVATE PERSONAL SALE WITH NO SALES TAX. SHIPPED IN A NEW INVICTA GIFT BOX WITH MANUAL AND PRINT COPY OF SCHEMEMATIC.[/align] [align=center]ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFULAND FULLY FUNCTIONING BY INVICTA ![/align]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

looks like the page is gone?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Odd. The page is there but I can't get the link to work.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
Odd. The page is there but I can't get the link to work.
Try now.....

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Very cool!

I've seen this, or one like this on eBay in 2009, maybe the spring/summer time.

I believe it was different than this one, currently on eBay. I'll see what I can dig up.

I think these are cool!

EDIT: I did a Google search and found a link to an eBay listing, back in Oct.'09. A comment was made on WGs that "they had seen the one on eBay, and that it was a different color than one they had seen before."

I agree, there are at least 2 colors of this watch on eBay over the past year.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Interesting, but $600????
I don't even think the biggest hard core fans on WG would pay that much for this one.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I read the story, but can someone please explain how these watches, which were samples, are not the property of Invicta?

Also, if Disney did not subsequently agree to the deal, then isn't it a violation of copyright laws to sell an item with a copyrighted and/or trademarked image/shape?

just wondering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.