Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

For many finding out that "they don't matter" is a tough pill to swallow.

CJ

dedward wrote:
While I don't see this on watchfreeks I do see it on other forums that are shop driven.I read another post that just makes me sick.Not because of this one post but because of the amount of them that are going up.We all buy watches.Thats why we are here, to share our passion of wristwatches.Most of us have a brand we are very loyal to and we buy a number of them.I like dive watches and tend to buy more omegas and Breitlings as far as dive watches go.I have over 35 omegas.Yep, thats alot of them.I have about 50 Invictas.Yep, thats alot of Invictas.I've slowly amassed this collection over 10 years.Onto my point here.

Each Invicta I buy, I'm a customer.Each Invicta gets the same customer service,the same warranty.It doesn't matter how many I own.

A bunch of selfish self important threads are going up with the same theme.A member has 40 Invictas but when he gets a bad one he finds out that being the owner of 40 Invictas doesn't mean squat to that customer service rep.So because cs isn't responding the way mr.self important wants,he now says that because he owns 40 invictas, he should get special treatment.When that doesn't happen mr.self important goes on the forum and posts that hes been insulted by cs.He thinks that just because he owns so many invictas that it should put him ahead of the line.

Then mr.important has a tantrum on the forum saying that hes not going to buy anymore Invictas.Wow, talk about an empty threat.Whether you own one or a hundred,you get the same service, on a watch by watch basis.When you think that because you own alot of one brand and that makes you important,maybe its time to get slapped upside the head and wake TFU.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I think those are the same people that used to cut in line at school just because their friend was farther up in line. I don't think they know the term wait your turn.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Now hold on Rob......it's the one with the silhouette of the wheelchair.:pk:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Watchguru58 wrote:
Wait a minute I was told that I had my own parking spot over at Invicta. Are you now telling me that I don't? Oh man the tears are starting to form and yes I'm now crying Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

There's one thing that's reassuring in life.

No matter what you have, who you are or what you do.

Nobody really gives a "you know what".

It's hard for some folks to take.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I realy think the country in a whole is learning this and it is hard pill to swallow, i saw an artical on CNN the other night and America is now the 9th worse country to live in, 6 years ago we were number 1, we are 2 behind Russia, Dayum !!!! of corse China is number 1 now.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

For the most part I agree with you. The only point that I would contest is that there are times, not with on-line shopping, that when you are a great customer the vendor will put you to the front of the line. Especially in this economy merchants are trying really hard to kiss up to their regulars by offering better CS. I see this when I take my auto in for service and at other times.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I agree with the OP 100%. There is a sense of entitlement that people seem to take on when they buy a product. I guess it has become human nature, to some extent.

Alot ofthe issues with customer servicehas to do with the culture of the company and their expectations for their custotmer service employees.

There will always be the "ME FIRST" individuals, I have found it's how you treat them that makes all the difference. If you pay attention, really listen, and personalize the conversation, it can make a real difference.

Great thread!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . but please bear in mind that the type of post you are discussing comes from a forum where the propaganda machine has spun those members to believe they are special.

Membership has it's priveliges, you know. They give members a false sense of connection, with MD being there, E-mail Rebecca, talk to Larry, PM George, ask for Juan . . . . the advance notice of shows and sales and prices . . . . it all goes on ad nauseum. That is why after awhile, it gets really freakin' old.

AND THEN. . . . you get the Renato subterfuge, and the people still don't get it! Everyone wants to believe they are special . . . . but we are all just people. I wait in line for the porta-can at the race track just like the guy behind me, and in front of me . . . .

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Let's please keep this on topic. I am not saying that anyone is not doing this, but just want to keep this off any other one forum or brand in particular.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

What you posted was fine Randy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
What you posted was Randy.
. . . oh I see. Should I post the popular thought? Or the less controversial position? I may not be correct in my thinking . . . but it is my honest opinion, so that's what I state.

Apparently there is a distaste for you with Randy, so I'll make it simple for you . . . .

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Now, Now Brother

Dont be like that, I think TV just want this to stay on topic man, dont take this $hit too heart. Rip loves ya brother!!!:t:%

randyswagon wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
What you posted was Randy.
. . . oh I see. Should I post the popular thought? Or the less controversial position? I may not be correct in my thinking . . . but it is my honest opinion, so that's what I state.

Apparently there is a distaste for you with Randy, so I'll make it simple for you . . . .

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

let me just state, and I have spoke with Randy privatly and told him the same thing....

from day one here, we have tried to keep this site bash free of other forums.....

the original post by the op was fine, because it was a generalization, when we start getting detailed and start talking about specific forums, that is when we will step in...
it has been this way since day one, and will remain that way.

we want to keep this forum about watches and the stuff that surrounds it, not about other forums and what goes on there, .....I hope everyone understands that.......

now back to our regulary scheduled programming.............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.